Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2008, 01:39 PM

Default Could use some midi tips for EZ Drummer...

A friend of mine wants me to record some songs for him using his Roland Vdrum kit. It's the TD20 module and sounds pretty good, but imo not as realistic sounding as my EZ Drummer software. What I'd like to do is have his drummer play on the Roland kit and record to midi tracks which will somehow trigger EZ drummer's sounds. I don't need him to monitor via ez drummer. I just need the info into PT so when I play back, it's EZ drummer I'm hearing.
My concerns are: -I have no idea how to do this (sad)
- The Roland's hh is variable so how do I get that to trigger
the appropriate samples in Ez Drummer.

If anyone can give me some good ideas on this, I'd appreciate it.

tks,
Steve
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Could use some midi tips for EZ Drummer...

I've tried exactly this, with REASON. I haven't been able to get it to work without latency. One thing I tried was having the drummer monitor his performance at the TD10. He hears his own roland sounds. Then i capture his midi performance nad 'play' reason drums. I've always had glitches. almost all of the midi data gets ported accurately, just with latency.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Could use some midi tips for EZ Drummer...

After you record his performance, just set up an instrument track with eZdrummer. Then, on the output of the midi track you recorded, set it to ezdrummer's input. Done.

If some of the notes trigger the wrong samples, just go to the midi track and drag them to the correct spot. You can select all of the same notes on a track if you want to drag them all to a new note that will trigger the correct sample.