Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Help!! Just updated to 7.2 and have some issues

Hi, I've been out of the game for a while now and decided to update my PT rig and get back into recording again. I had some sessions saved on 6.x that I just played back a couple weeks ago and played fine. Now after updating to 7.2, here's the scoop:

-Even before opening a session, PT shows my two HD engines at 100% maxed out.
-When I load a session, PT deactivates all the plug ins
-Once the session is loaded I get a warning "Health status failed"
-When I hit "play", I get no sound at all.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what would cause my HD engines to show maxed out when I don't even have a session opened yet? ...anyone?

Ok, here's the stupid question: I bought the 7.2 version with the choice of two plug ins from the list. I got the liscences onto my ilok fine etc, but now, how do I download the actual plug in software? At the Digi site, it wants me to either buy a copy or dl the trial version, but I don't see anywhere that I can get the software that I've already had authorized on my ilok.
I know this is probably as basic as it gets, but like I said, I've been out of it for a while and am trying to get the cob webs out of my head still.

Any insight on my issues would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Steve
Old 10-14-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Help!! Just updated to 7.2 and have some issues

...hello, is anyone out there?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Help!! Just updated to 7.2 and have some issu

I am only on tdm 6.7, but there are some general guidelines at:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#802377

Also, wrong versions of plugins sometimes create problems like these, so check that all your plugins are spec'd for the PTools version you are running.

RE "I don't see anywhere that I can get the software that I've already had authorized on my ilok. " - Not sure, but I remember reading that you just download the trial, and then it recognizes your authorization, or there's a routine for getting it to (sorry to be vague, I haven't had these issues for a while).

Trying a search in this duc may be helpful, too (eg 'plugin upgrade', 'health status failed', etc).
Old 10-14-2006, 04:06 PM

Just download the trial version, and when you open PT, a window will pop up that will allow you to authorize the plug-in.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:41 PM

Thanks guys. I do have a few more plug ins to update so maybe that's causing the problems.