Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-08-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Good Luck, you´ll need it

I have experienced the same error when I changed a HD3 system from a G4/1.2 to a new G5 Dual 2.0

Fortunetly I read a tip in this forum :

"What did work was to trash all DigiPrefs anytime anything changes in terms of Plug-Ins or PT versions".

This really seems like a Software bug and not a Hardware problem.

So Dan, makeus proud and VERY GOOD LUCK !!!

Don´t forget to share the experience and the result.
AUVID Laboratory
M E X I C O
Old 03-09-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Good Luck, you´ll need it

So start of final dub started off a bit rocky: spent two hours of downtime (God, I hate that) troubleshooting why PT wouldn't play back without freezing and constant 9073 errors, full-scale snats, despite being put across 3 FW 800 drives. Did everything in the book, then found one of the FW drives (brand new Rocstor 800) was bad. Removed the drive, received new audio files from the mix room and was back in action. PT has been rock solid ever since and no sign of the dreaded -1123 on the refurb 2.7 G5.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:44 PM

This sucks! We bought 5 new G5 D2.3's in the last couple of weeks and a couple are exibiting these problems. Originally when this happened I spent a day trouble shooting and the found on the Digi site that this was a problem with the expanision chassis with more than 3 cards in the chassis. We were pretty bummed out but figured we could do without the chassis on some of these. Now were having this issue with the cards in the computer and the original info about the chassis is no longer to be found??? Seems the problem is more complex but what do we do? Should we just toss 5 new computers that are useless? I can't tell our clients to reboot a million times until PT opens. Something needs to be done. Digi help please.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:57 PM

From the G5 compato pages -

Compatibility Alert — Power Mac G5 2.3/2.7GHz Models

Digidesign has identified an intermittent problem with Pro Tools|HD and the following Power Mac G5 2.3GHz and 2.7GHz models (introduced April 27, 2005). At times in a small number of these systems, not all of the cards in a Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel system are seen by the Mac in Apple System Profiler or DigiTest. During launch, Pro Tools shows "DAE error -1123" or "Flex Cable Error".

This is because the configuration is seen as an extra TDM flex cable attached to the last recognized card, but not connected to the subsequent card. This problem can usually be resolved by restarting the computer. In rare occasions, multiple restarts may be required. If restarting fails to solve the issue described, please contact Digidesign Technical Support for additional troubleshooting and diagnosis.

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3 GHz - model M9748
Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7 GHz - model M9749
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 AM

Thanks Mr. Caccavo but can you tell us something we don't already know?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: DAE error -1123

AAR - Have you contacted Technical Support yet? If not, that is going to be your best option, as we may have a way to address your issues.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:18 PM

Yes, I have and I'm working with a tech to get this resolved. Looks like the Dual 2.3's have issues with Accell cards... everything seems fine with Process cards. Will keep you posted...
Old 03-17-2006, 11:28 AM

So I got a set of replacement Accel cards for one computer from Digi, they seemed ok for one day even though one was failing Digitest. Came in this morning booted the rig and I can't get Protools to open, I get DAE error -4 then -9003 and protools quits. Did anybody get their issues resolved??? Please HELP!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
So I got a set of replacement Accel cards for one computer from Digi, they seemed ok for one day even though one was failing Digitest. Came in this morning booted the rig and I can't get Protools to open, I get DAE error -4 then -9003 and protools quits. Did anybody get their issues resolved??? Please HELP!!!
Sounds like there's a bad card in there. A -9003 error means "DSP failed to respond to host". And since one card is failing Digitest, I suggest you get a replacement. (Again).

Sorry for all your troubles........

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."