Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2013, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Revised Pricing for CPTK to PT HD Upgrades

I didn't know that a PT9/10 combo was existing. Ok, so I guess I will have to pay 1K for my upgrade
Thanks you for your answer

One more question: as we get also a PT10 licence with 11HD, is it possible to install each of them on 2 differents ilok?
Old 12-27-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonioprod View Post
I didn't know that a PT9/10 combo was existing. Ok, so I guess I will have to pay 1K for my upgrade
Thanks you for your answer

One more question: as we get also a PT10 licence with 11HD, is it possible to install each of them on 2 differents ilok?
No, it is a combo licenses, cannot be separated.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 PM

I purchased my update form PT9/10 CPTK to 11HD 5 hours ago and i have only one mail with confirmation of purchase. How long i need to wait before it will be available for download?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbov View Post
I purchased my update form PT9/10 CPTK to 11HD 5 hours ago and i have only one mail with confirmation of purchase. How long i need to wait before it will be available for download?
The store was offline for a few hours earlier today, which more than likely is related to your downloads and iLok authorizations.

I'm checking to see the status of your order, and how to resolve your issue now that the store is back online. Will post back and and also email you when I find out.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 PM

Thank you very much Bruce.
My order ID is 4099175
Old 04-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbov View Post
Thank you very much Bruce.
My order ID is 4099175
It looks like this was resolved yesterday.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:40 AM

Yes, thank you.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:14 AM

I have just bought PT11, having been a long time Cubase user. It is still very early days but PT's simplicity and speed is appealing.

AVID need to allow a cost effective upgrade to the HD version for those of us who like to mix in surround. As a home project user who works ITB, I have no need for Avid hardware. The HD software works well with third party interfaces set up for 5.1 (I tried the demo).

I believe ITB people like myself represent a new and considerable part of the market and to not supply what are standard features on DAWs such as Cubase, is a short sighted move that no longer holds water in the present day.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:16 AM

Hello Simmonds. Welcome to the forum and the world of Pro Tools.

This debate and demand has been going on for a long time, years actually.
It may come to Avid unlocking the features of HD in a coming release of Pro Tools as there are a lot of rumors circling around subscriptions (pricing) and an Avid Market deeply integrated into PT. I know nothing about it, but maybe.

To unlock the HD features of your setup you may look for a used kit named Complete Production Toolkit, purchase it, and then upgrade your Pro Tools license to a Pro Tools HD license through Avids online shop. That's the most cost effective option I can think of now.

Best regards,
Marcel

Marcel Risberg
Production sound and audio post - ljuddesign.se
Enthusiastically sharing knowledge and experience at Stockholm Film School.

🛠 Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 · HD Native · HD Omni
🎚 EuControl x.x.x · Artist Control · Mix · Control App
🦑 MacPro5,1 · 12C24T @3.46GHz · 48GB · SSDs · macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
📺 Separate video playback machine
🥇 Covered by ZDT/TLC · Keeping DAW OS clutter free
Old 05-27-2014, 05:29 AM

Thank you Marcel for your reply.

I was aware of the CTPK upgrade path (as indeed this thread refers to) but the £1000 cost + the PT11 HD upgrade cost is frankly baffling to me as a newcomer to PT.

In the UK you can buy Cubase complete with the surround feature for between £400-500 which is roughly the same price as regular PT11. Both PT and Cubase are mature products and offer very much the same functionality (if you have PT HD). Obviously they do things in different ways and there is much to like in both but my present conclusion is that one is not appreciably better than then other.

Having said that, Avid's pricing structure seems to be aimed at who they are trying to sell to rather than what they are selling. Avid currently believes that there is a market to support the £1400 upgrade path (via Ebay) to give you access to what are standard features in other DAWs. In this way, Avid exclude people like myself who cannot justify that cost, and ultimately it means that I will not be able to let go of Cubase.

As I said in my previous post, I am enjoying learning Pro Tools. However, if Avid want me to migrate completely (and there are possibly a lot like me) they will need to have a serious rethink on Pro Tools HD licensing.