Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Replace Expansion|HD or Switch DAW Software

I fill an HD3 every day and have to juggle the RTAS game from these new MacPro's just because I don't want the nightmare of running chassis like I read here. I used to cart an HD2 in a Magma on a PowerBook years ago, but in the suites, I like not getting phone calls about taffy-sessions in the middle of the night. I hope the next hardware update will be slick. Of course, with 4x HD3's, an HD-2, and 2x Mix systems running here, it may be awhile before we embrace any new architecture here. I'd love it if the chassis solution allowed us to run a couple of HD-5's instead - and it may soon when Digi releases the new systems and Accel cards start flooding eBay!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
Yes, please, feed the rumor mill flames! We want more !!
Perhaps they'll release some cards with the dual-core 5672x? Or a combined FireWire interface/DSP a la some of their competitors products? Who knows.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
Hi Holden,
Comparison. Big session, lots tracks, regions, automation etc. A real fight to get to the finish line. Install new system. Producer calls wants changes. The session went from taking 15 minutes to open to 2 minutes, now an HD|6 is as fast as having the HD cards in the host CPU. I have an HD|2 Accel in another so I can make a direct comparison. The new system is snappy, responsive. Totally easy to make the changes. ....
Very interesting. Thanks. I had been taking for granted the long loading times for my sessions, but now that you mention it it would indeed be liberating to shorten the wait.