Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-08-2018, 02:38 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 adding .A1 and .A2 suffixes on import

PT 9 has started adding .A1 and .A2 suffixes to mono file pairs on import. This means the .L and .R suffixes are ignored and the pair are not treated as a stereo pair. I need to process around 200 files so renaming them in PT would take ages.
The imported files were created using PT 9, and I've done this procedure many times in the past without difficulties.
I just had to trash all the Digi Preferences because PT 9 stopped talking to the 002R interface. Could this have caused the problem? Is there a preference which needs to be changed?
Thanks.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 adding .A1 and .A2 suffixes on import

On my pthd9, my audio files are named audio 1,2,etc. imported audio (stereo) files that have a song title are passed on to the file (L-R). Not sure if there’s a preference setting that would allow you to change the audio file name. In regards to pt not communicating with your digi002r, try plugging the cable in a different fw port, in the back of the 002. I would also try to plug the cable into a different fw plug on your computer. If that doesn’t work, try a different cable. If the problem still persists, I would begin to consider a internal issue inside the digi002 itself. Depending on how old it is, it’s probably time for service or maybe even a replacement. Not to startle you but it is something to take into consideration.

I had a similar issue with my 192 I/O not connecting to pthd9. I changed my cards from d/a, a/d to a/d, d/a and my issue went away. I don’t recommend that you open the box if you don’t have experience in that arena considering we’re using the same program but different platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacPro2,1 2x Intel Xeon 3GHz Quad Core, 32GB ram, 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD 5770, OSX 10.7.5 (Pro Tools 9.0.6 HD3), 192 Digital, 96 i/o, 96i, sync i/o, midi i/o, BBE 442A, ART Pro MPA II (GE tube mod), Behringer Virtualizer Pro, DigiDesign ProControl, Pro Control Fader Pack, Alesis QS6.1
Old 02-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Solved! Still no real idea why PT is adding those suffixes, but the way to remove them (apart from laboriously renaming the files one at a time!) is to duplicate the files (using 'create individual files'), then rename them using the Auto Rename function in the region bin menu.
The issue with the 002R was due to a corrupted Digi Preference file - trashing it has restored normal operation. No evidence that trashing the file triggered the naming issue.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:00 AM

Glad you figured it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacPro2,1 2x Intel Xeon 3GHz Quad Core, 32GB ram, 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD 5770, OSX 10.7.5 (Pro Tools 9.0.6 HD3), 192 Digital, 96 i/o, 96i, sync i/o, midi i/o, BBE 442A, ART Pro MPA II (GE tube mod), Behringer Virtualizer Pro, DigiDesign ProControl, Pro Control Fader Pack, Alesis QS6.1