Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2015, 09:50 PM

Default Does Eucon actually work with a usb/ethernet adaptor?

I don't remember the answer, I know it doesn't for wireless anymore. I am looking at getting a Surface Pro 3, which has no wired networking except for with the dock.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Does Eucon actually work with a usb/ethernet adaptor?

I recently installed a Linksys USB3GIG USB to Ethernet Adapter on my Mac Pro (MacPro4,1), to run my various MC controllers. So far, it appears to be working ok. It's a USB v3.0 adapter that's backwards compatible with USB v2.0

The adapter became necessary, due to the latest version of Cubase requiring the latest version of EuControl (v3.2.2.2) - which, in their infinite wisdom, Avid made incompatible anything but the most basic, dedicated network. Of course, v3.2.2 is still buggy as hell - to include the MC Control shuttle wheel and "Shift+Touch Fader=0dB" feature both inoperable, quirky pan knob behavior, etc.

(Pssst... don't tell Avid, but my USB adapter is connected to a dedicated VLAN on my managed switch. Ohhh, I bet that'd make them sooo mad!)