Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2018, 09:28 AM

Default Weird installation problem with PT 10.3, Mavericks

I had to wipe my Mac and do a clean install of OS X 10.9. Previously I was running PT 10.3.5 with the same OS with no problems. Now I'm downloading the installer from Avid, I go through the installation process, restart the computer, and all that shows up is the PT installer, not Pro Tools. I've gone through the process a couple times now with the same result. I search the computer for Pro Tools (there's almost nothing on here since I just installed the OS), and the only thing that shows up is the installer. I've got the iLok plugged in and authorized.

Am I doing something really dumb and obvious? Any help or tips would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Weird installation problem with PT 10.3, Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrag View Post
I had to wipe my Mac and do a clean install of OS X 10.9. Previously I was running PT 10.3.5 with the same OS with no problems. Now I'm downloading the installer from Avid, I go through the installation process, restart the computer, and all that shows up is the PT installer, not Pro Tools. I've gone through the process a couple times now with the same result. I search the computer for Pro Tools (there's almost nothing on here since I just installed the OS), and the only thing that shows up is the installer. I've got the iLok plugged in and authorized.

Am I doing something really dumb and obvious? Any help or tips would be appreciated.
Strictly speaking according to the compatibility chart PT10 isn't considered compatible with OSX 10.9.x. However there are a ton of people who have it running quite well with the only issue being the PT10 uninstaller doesn't work but there are manual steps to accomplish that on the Avid site.

That being said where are you looking for the PT10 program? A couple of places to look are the Applications folder itself and another is in a folder inside the Applications folder. I forget whether that folder is titled Digidesign or Avid but a look in the Applications folder should tell you that. This is assuming you let the installer put stuff where it wanted to put stuff.

Also make sure you have the instruments as that might be a separated download.

QAPLA!
Old 11-15-2018, 07:17 AM

Thanks- you're right it was in a folder called Avid in the applications folder. I feel dumb because that should have been obvious, but I was looking all over for something called Pro Tools so missed it.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrag View Post
Thanks- you're right it was in a folder called Avid in the applications folder. I feel dumb because that should have been obvious, but I was looking all over for something called Pro Tools so missed it.
Glad it worked out for you.

Want something even more confusing? Try having a system with both PT10 and PT11 on it; the programs themselves are in two different places in the Applications folder.

QAPLA!