Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2002, 01:52 PM

Default Who here records analog and just edits in PT?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm using the Waves restoration plug-ins on my old four track recordings and man, they sound killer (the recording that is) ha. I know the whole digital vs. analog. can be debated for hours, "warm" vs " no such thing as warm", but I really didn't know what I was doing back then and the recordings just have such a nice quality to them, "warm", to me anyways. Is anyone recording analog and dumping into PT, and if so, what is your process (setup). Just curious. Thanks? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2002, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Who here records analog and just edits in PT?

Usually I do digital recording, pass out and "thru" an analog deck as needed / desired and then back into digital if I'm looking for that tape compression tone... You get more options and control over the amount of tape compression that way... Of course, if there's a nice Studer A-827 around, I'd probably hit that first for (at least) drums and off the playback head and directly into PT. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Who here records analog and just edits in PT?

Studers are it man

Good ole Willy