Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2014, 02:16 PM

Default Dune 2 from Synapse Audio

Has anyone tried out Dune 2 from Synapse Audio yet? If so, just wondered what you thought. It certainly looks good, and the few demo tracks sound nice. Computer Music mag gave them a 10/10 back in July. Wonder how it might compare with something like Sylenth or Vaccum Pro? It doesn't come AAX, but is 64bit, so can be hosted with something like Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Dune 2 from Synapse Audio

I found this "first look" video from CM Magazine. It really shows how the Dune 2 sounds and how all the elements are used to create the sounds. Pretty versatile and as far as I can tell, sounds fantastic. This is really, really tempting...

Old 08-26-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I found this "first look" video from CM Magazine. It really shows how the Dune 2 sounds and how all the elements are used to create the sounds. Pretty versatile and as far as I can tell, sounds fantastic. This is really, really tempting...
That link you give is bad and Firefox kicks it out as a security risk and if you click the ignore and take me to the site it comes up as a Google start page I'm not familiar with.

Either way around there's no aax64 support; just vst/au. I know about hosting it in MB7-2 or Patchwork but would rather not have to do that especially with a new program which really should have aax64 support built in.

QAPLA!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That link you give is bad and Firefox kicks it out as a security risk and if you click the ignore and take me to the site it comes up as a Google start page I'm not familiar with.

Either way around there's no aax64 support; just vst/au. I know about hosting it in MB7-2 or Patchwork but would rather not have to do that especially with a new program which really should have aax64 support built in.
Jack, Not sure why you're having trouble with the link. When I click on it, it goes right to the video page on YouTube. (try the direct link, maybe: https://www.youtube.com./watch?v=_UmIZHLp2yw ) I don't like the fact there's no AAX support either, but, on the other hand, it is a nicely done VI for sure as far as I can see.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Jack, Not sure why you're having trouble with the link. When I click on it, it goes right to the video page on YouTube. (try the direct link, maybe: https://www.youtube.com./watch?v=_UmIZHLp2yw ) I don't like the fact there's no AAX support either, but, on the other hand, it is a nicely done VI for sure as far as I can see.
Still getting kicked out as a security risk. Other YouTube stuff is working okay here though. I get this error screen:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen-capture.jpg (33.4 KB, 0 views)

QAPLA!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:15 AM

Jack, If you want to see it, then just go to You Tube and search for Dune 2 First Look and it should bring it up. Its the CM magazine one. Its about 30 minutes because he runs through several pre-sets in the demo version and shows how they use the various voice building blocks to create them. One amazingly cool feature is that you can import your own MIDI files to trigger arps! And each of up to the 8 voices can be edited completely separate from the others. In that respect its architecture is a bit like the Yamaha Motif XS/SF series with the elements. Its impressive and I really like the sound I've heard so far.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Jack, If you want to see it, then just go to You Tube and search for Dune 2 First Look and it should bring it up. Its the CM magazine one. Its about 30 minutes because he runs through several pre-sets in the demo version and shows how they use the various voice building blocks to create them. One amazingly cool feature is that you can import your own MIDI files to trigger arps! And each of up to the 8 voices can be edited completely separate from the others. In that respect its architecture is a bit like the Yamaha Motif XS/SF series with the elements. Its impressive and I really like the sound I've heard so far.
Thanks and I found it; I also found an error in your link. You have a period after the .com; here's the correct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmIZHLp2yw

QAPLA!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:42 AM

Oops, sorry about that! Glad you found it, though. The one feature this thing has that really intrigues me is the ability to import a MIDI file to use as an ARP source. It's monophonic, but, still...that could be really useful!