Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: RE: NEW WAVES UPDATE: NO DEAL!

Quote:
Well, they seem to have the same old customer service, though. I gave up on Waves when they went to WUP, still have the Gold Native 3.x but haven't used it in several years since I've changed computers. When I got their email, I thought I would inquire about cost to get my 3.x bundle up to current version and change to an ilok authorization. Sent them an email yesterday morning, still haven't had a reply. If it would cost $200 or less to have a working Gold Native package again for use in PT, and another $100 or something per year for WUP if I wanted to update after a year, that might be worth it.

But not if I can't even get an answer to a sales question (let alone a tech support question).
I would respectfully ask you to please exercise some patience while waiting for a response, as yours is amongst several thousands of similar questions being received and answered by CS (who I am not affiliated with, I only test for Waves). Waves only released this news yesterday, and are currently being inundated with people looking for information, even when it is posted quite clearly on their website (http://www.wavesupport.net/content.aspx?id=352). The answer to your upgrade question is $200, with WUP at $104/year thereafter. If you decide to let it lapse, the most you will pay is another $200 to get current again.

As for the original post, you have gotten what you are asking for. You don't have to WUP right now, and the most it will cost you is $200 per bundle when you decide to. If you keep your WUP current on the smaller bundles, it will cost you less, but even if you let your WUP lapse, the cap is set at $200 per bundle for renewal. Obviously, the larger the bundle, the less per plug it will cost to keep current, and any upgrades to a bigger bundle include the first year of WUP.