Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Default Eleven Rack problems...really? Doesn't Avid make it?

So, for my home rig I have an Eleven rack so I can put down ideas and do light work at home. I never had an issue with 8.0.3...communicated great! Ever since PT9, I have all kinds of communication errors. I don't know how PRO TOOLS can not communicate with its own interface! I just don't get it.

My current problem is that my session won't play because it says that there is a problem with the source clock. I'm clocking internally, and I haven't touched my eleven rack clock settings EVER. I worked last night, and all was fine. now, can't even play. I'm sure with a little tweaking, a few restarts, and a few beers and I'll get it working. I'm just frustrated that this kind of communication issue happens about once every two days. BTW, I have installed all of the newest drivers, and I just installed 9.0.2. Macbook Pro 15" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack problems...really? Doesn't Avid make it?

Have you done any of the typical troubleshooting like deleting preferences etc from the troubleshooting guide?
Quite often after an upgrade things can get screwed up and you just need to clean house.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 PM

I am having exactly the same issue. PT 8 no prob, upgraded to 9 no it alway defaults to aggregate. I have to unplug and re plug eleven rack to be seen by pro tools then swap playback engine.

This was never an issue in 8 but an constant source of frustration in my life now.

Tried different cables, checked for latest drivers, updated to 9.05

What I dont understand is thet the eleven rack GUI in pro tools still works, the patched change etc, so it is connected. My guess is that aggregate engine is screwed up somehow. So can it be disabled?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
I am having exactly the same issue. PT 8 no prob, upgraded to 9 no it alway defaults to aggregate. I have to unplug and re plug eleven rack to be seen by pro tools then swap playback engine.

This was never an issue in 8 but an constant source of frustration in my life now.

Tried different cables, checked for latest drivers, updated to 9.05

What I dont understand is thet the eleven rack GUI in pro tools still works, the patched change etc, so it is connected. My guess is that aggregate engine is screwed up somehow. So can it be disabled?
Exactly the same issue? The original poster describe several problems. Its better to create a new thread than pile on other problems to somebody else's thread.

The detection of the Eleven Rack to control via the GUI and detection of the interface are two separate things. A quite common cause for this is you have allowed the computer to suspend/sleep when the Eleven Rack is attached. The driver does not support that and will then behave like you describe. Is it possible that this is happening? Maybe you just never noticed it on PT 8? You need to disable sleep and never do things like suspend or close a laptop lid.

Darryl
Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourquie View Post
So, for my home rig I have an Eleven rack so I can put down ideas and do light work at home. I never had an issue with 8.0.3...communicated great! Ever since PT9, I have all kinds of communication errors. I don't know how PRO TOOLS can not communicate with its own interface! I just don't get it.

My current problem is that my session won't play because it says that there is a problem with the source clock. I'm clocking internally, and I haven't touched my eleven rack clock settings EVER. I worked last night, and all was fine. now, can't even play. I'm sure with a little tweaking, a few restarts, and a few beers and I'll get it working. I'm just frustrated that this kind of communication issue happens about once every two days. BTW, I have installed all of the newest drivers, and I just installed 9.0.2. Macbook Pro 15" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
Exactly what error message are/were you getting? What are all the playback engine settings for the session having problems.

One suggestion is to try a factory reset (aka reset memory) of the Eleven Rack (in the Options setting).

When you say "can't even play" do you mean the Eleven Rack does not work stand-alone (disconnected from the computer) or that you cannot play back pre-recorded output through the Eleven Rack as an interface? Or something else?

If the Eleven Rack does not work stand-alone at all you may have the notorious clock problem well descibed in threads here. Try changing the internal clock rate and see if that helps--a useful diagnostic. See this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=273395&page=7. If this is the problem you need to contact Avid for a repair.

Try to really describe clearly what is going on so we can help you.

Darryl