Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Default Strike 1.5 update problem

I've seen other posters having problems with this, but my problem is different.

I'm running MacBook, OS 10.6, Protools LE 8.0.4. I downloaded the four Mac files using Firefox 18.0.2, but there is no install program. Three files that downloaded could not even be opened and I get an error message "Install disc not recognized". One did open and has a file (2nd disc) ending in .big but what am I supposed to do with. I tried again with Safari (Avid's preferred download browser), but it was much slower and the same problem.

I also had to update drivers for iLok, and then got a message saying I had to surrender licenses. It's just such a run around with iLok. It's confusing as you don't know what order things should be done in, or even why you are doing it. iLok just adds another layer of problems IMO.

Download times were generally very slow. This may be because of downloading four simultaneously. If they need to be downloaded separately to avoid corrupting files, I didn't see those instructions. A clear, step-by-step guide to sort this problem out, and the same for iLok much appreciated.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Avid

Post Re: Strike 1.5 update problem

Install_Strike_Disc_1_mac_v15_65549.dmg contains Install Strike.mpkg (installer).

Do all 4 files have the .dmg suffix on them? If not, you can try adding this manually to the file name(s).

You could also try right+clicking the files to select Open With > DiskImageMounter.

Files with .big suffix are the sample/data files that Strike uses. These will be handled by the installer.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Strike 1.5 update problem

All files have .dmg. Disk Image Mounter still says "Install Strike Disc not recognized." Is this a compatibility, or download problem? Or something else? Disc 2 seems to have downloaded as I can see a file .big.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Avid

Question Re: Strike 1.5 update problem

Disc 1 has the installer as well as the first 4 data (.big) files. The rest of the data (.big) files are spread across Discs 2-4.

These are the same files that have been up there and working for others, so I'd suspect something local to your system. Disc 2 is the smallest (1.6GB) compared to the others (3.1-3.7GB) so that could explain why that one makes it successfully.

Are you using the Download Manager (big "Download" link) or not (smaller "click here" in the text)?

Are you on a wired or wirless internet connection?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM

OK. The problem was probably a download issue. I downloaded all files again, but individually, and ran the install program. It looks like the strike 1.5 plug is in the right place, but strike 1 is still running on Protools. So I tried to update the iLok license and got the following error message. "Cannot download license: Strike 1.5 requires surrender of license(s) on attached iLoks which were not found." What am I supposed to do please???
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM

Excerpt from Avid website "If the license to be surrendered is not already on your iLok, do NOT delete the pending license from your account. You will need to download the required surrender license to your iLok and then have only this iLok plugged in while you download the new license that is asking for the surrender. The surrender of the required license is done automatically by the computer during the download of the new license."

Now I'm really confused. If the original license isn't on my iLok, as the error message from my previous post suggests, according to the above, I have to download the "surrender license" whatever that is, before I can surrender my license, which I don't have. Is it me???
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM

So now I've heard back from iLok (very quick), who tell me I already surrendered my license for an update a while back. That's interesting to me, because I bought the extra kits package, and am wondering if it included the upgrade. In which case I paid for it twice, and need a refund.

If I do have 1.5 already, the Strike user interface only indicates Strike 1, so how do I know which version I have?

The reason I wanted v 1.5 was so I could import sounds and create new styles. It seems I can import sounds, but haven't figured out how to makes them function as a style.