Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Default Ticks or Samples ?

When I try to select an Audio region or track and then attempt to apply gain or some other applications from the Audio Suite list I get a screen telling me "No audio was selected", even though I did select same. This also occurs when I try to raise the pitch of audio regions, (entire tracks, not just notes). I select Ticks on rach track, then the Polyphonic algorithym but again, the same "No audio was selected"! What am I doing wrong?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:40 AM

Question Re: Ticks or Samples ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
When I try to select an Audio region or track and then attempt to apply gain or some other applications from the Audio Suite list I get a screen telling me "No audio was selected", even though I did select same. This also occurs when I try to raise the pitch of audio regions, (entire tracks, not just notes). I select Ticks on rach track, then the Polyphonic algorithym but again, the same "No audio was selected"! What am I doing wrong?
Well....????
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Ticks or Samples ?

are you set to waveform view? if not, it might not show up as audio selected...not in front of a rig so not sure, but worth a check.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:44 AM

Thanks paulreed for responding. I'm not sure about "waveforms view". I'm just using the edit screen and I'll need to check the manual to see how to select wave form view. That could very well be my problem as I didn't realize there was a different method.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM

Could be "link track an edit". Page 570 in the reference manual.

Second button from the right under the smart tools. I think
Old 11-07-2012, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the tip necjamc. That hadn't occurred to me. I just thought that, if you were on the edit screen and selected a track or region, that was all that was necessary.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Thanks for the tip necjamc. That hadn't occurred to me. I just thought that, if you were on the edit screen and selected a track or region, that was all that was necessary.
The track needs to be set to display waveform. If you had it set to show, say, volume, you might see the waveform, but when you highlight part of the track, you are actually highlighting the volume automation(in this case). Plus, always remember the old "trashing prefs" trick. Its amazing how often that solves odd behavior(which this sounds like)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 AM

Smile Re: Ticks or Samples ?

Hey albee1952. I've seen the terms "trashing preferences" many times in theses posts but I'm not sure how one does this. Does it mean simply changing certain selections in the preferrences or totally do away with all? How can I tell which VIEW I an currently looking at? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 AM

Smile Re: Ticks or Samples ?

Albee. Thanks. The responses I've recieved bring up new questions. 1). How do I tell which view I am currently viewing and, 2), how do I change to WAVE FORM view? Also, which preferrences should I trash ?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM

Waveform view is selected in the track pane on the left under the track name. There is a drop down menu where you can select waveform, playlist, blocks, volume etc. select waveform here.