Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 11-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Dark Theme in Pro Tools 2020.11

Some clever person needs to write a simple piece of software to allow simple choices of all these elements, and save back out the file.And maybe allows users to upload presets of their own, a preset browser. I suspect quite a few of us would pay money to be able to easily go in there and just customize the colors.

Once someone figures out what all the elements are.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Some clever person needs to write a simple piece of software
and that should literally be Avid, lol. I'm not kidding either. Its crazy the fanbase has gotten this far with UI assets and modding already lol.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:34 AM

After using it for a few days, my assessment is not that is does not look OK for mixing, but it's hard if I am doing a lot of editing of waveforms, dialogue, and other heavy tasks, it's hard to see the beginnings of the waveforms. I mean real complex mixing, it's not what I will be using most likely. Fortunately I won't be too busy for a bit. Maybe they will get things better, but Avid is way behind on so many things. What I mean by this is that there are things in post that need more enhancements and not just for the live musician crowd. Would love to see the same things they did with Carbon done in audio post land for mixing, instead of the old HDX route, which I passed on long ago. Needs an update along with delay comp fixes without having to sell my Avid IO to make that happen, which carbon would not work at all for me in that regard in a surround almost room. Curious to see what the first quarter brings for professional systems. It's time. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 11-23-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Some clever person needs to write a simple piece of software to allow simple choices of all these elements, and save back out the file.And maybe allows users to upload presets of their own, a preset browser. I suspect quite a few of us would pay money to be able to easily go in there and just customize the colors.

Once someone figures out what all the elements are.
Sounds like you're talking an editor/librarian program that would spit out the needed text file. Might not be all that difficult but I don't have the programming chops in any of today's languages. The part that's driving my nuts (at least for the Mac file) is where are the parameters for things like 'active' coloring for a plugin name background in an insert. There's a file entry for inactive and bypassed but nothing obvious for active plugins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post
and that should literally be Avid, lol. I'm not kidding either. Its crazy the fanbase has gotten this far with UI assets and modding already lol.
I wouldn't rely on Avid doing it.

QAPLA!
Old 11-23-2020, 03:26 PM

After the last 10 days of using Dark Mode, I'm able to more easily navigate it. I still like and want to like it, but I still think that...

The Green and Blue in the Edit Window Toolbar are still really harsh, but I've mostly trained myself to not look there. Luckily those Key Commands are all muscle memory for me now.

The Track Names in the Edit Window and the contents of the Track List and Edit List are still not as crisp or clean as other software.

The Mix window still seems a little odd-looking if you're not in Narrow Mix mode. I haven't figured out why but it might be partly the Pan controls (in Stereo).

The Rulers are still to saturated, without enough definition of events in the Rules.

and the Active/Inactive state of Plugins is still too subtle.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 11-24-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
After the last 10 days of using Dark Mode, I'm able to more easily navigate it. I still like and want to like it, but I still think that...

The Green and Blue in the Edit Window Toolbar are still really harsh, but I've mostly trained myself to not look there. Luckily those Key Commands are all muscle memory for me now.

The Track Names in the Edit Window and the contents of the Track List and Edit List are still not as crisp or clean as other software.

The Mix window still seems a little odd-looking if you're not in Narrow Mix mode. I haven't figured out why but it might be partly the Pan controls (in Stereo).

The Rulers are still to saturated, without enough definition of events in the Rules.

Have you tried any of the tweaks to the dark mode file? That may solve some of your issues. Also have you adjusted the saturation & brightness in PT as well as contrast & brightness of your monitor?

QAPLA!
Old 11-24-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post

See post number 251 on page 26

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 11-24-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
See post number 251 on page 26
And post 253 for the latest tweaks.

QAPLA!
Old 11-24-2020, 04:19 PM

So is there any place that people are sharing modded files that they've come up with? I haven't really seen any linked in the threads.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you tried any of the tweaks to the dark mode file? That may solve some of your issues. Also have you adjusted the saturation & brightness in PT as well as contrast & brightness of your monitor?
I'll have to look for this Dark Mode hack. It doesn't seem like the actual data is in either the posts cited (251 or 253). I just messed with my display settings a little, which is a damn shame, because everything else on it looks amazing. (LG 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 over Displayport) I achieved marginal softening of the blue/greens.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro