Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 AM

Default running pro tools on vista 32 please help!!!

i got the mbox 2 a while back and im running the latest version of pro tools on my gateway laptop running vista 32 (i had to downgrade from 64-bit since it wasnt compatible)

i was having many error messages pop up so i was told that it was probably because i wasnt using an external harddrive, i went out and got a harddrive and i had no problems for the first time i ran pro tools with the hardrive running,

now im getting an error message -6086 about the buffer size, i used to get this message and i thought it had went away,

now im not sure what i should do, is there a way to get it to work? should i just get another computer? if so which one? (that wont cost me too much)
also, i just recently saw something about windows 7 having a thing called virtual pc where i could technically be ruuning windows 7 on my laptop and be using xp or something like that through windows 7.

either way if someone has an answer for me it would be greatly appreciated bc im stuck thank you !!!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Default Re: running pro tools on vista 32 please help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
USB hard drives are not compatible with Pro Tools. You will continue to get buffer errors and/or underflow errors.

Meeting the minimum requirements for Pro Tools is very important.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM

By minimum requirements, do you mean that the hardrive has to be running on firewire? Or what else can I do at this point?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillelkaps View Post
By minimum requirements, do you mean that the hardrive has to be running on firewire? Or what else can I do at this point?
Yes.

If your laptop doesn't already have a FW port, then you might as well not use it with Pro Tools.

A Sandra report might not be a bad idea either.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 05-13-2010, 12:33 PM

What inerface are you using?

Please read this and post a Sandra report as suggested.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm using the Mbox2
Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 AM

the same thing has happened to me i get the same error almost every 5 minutes...i have a setup with a 003 on osx and absolutely no problem but this problem is happening now that i got an mbox 2 mini on my pc...the only thing i can think of is that my brother uses the pc as well and when i checked the operating system it said that it was vista 32 bit...(i know thats ok) but it said service pack two so i'm thinking i was updated without knowledge...(brother) i don't know if anyone has some info i'd appreciate it...thank you very much
Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 AM

o yeah same error code as mentioned with yours as well hopefully someone will help out
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillelkaps View Post
i got the mbox 2 a while back and im running the latest version of pro tools on my gateway laptop running vista 32 (i had to downgrade from 64-bit since it wasnt compatible)

i was having many error messages pop up so i was told that it was probably because i wasnt using an external harddrive, i went out and got a harddrive and i had no problems for the first time i ran pro tools with the hardrive running,

now im getting an error message -6086 about the buffer size, i used to get this message and i thought it had went away,

now im not sure what i should do, is there a way to get it to work? should i just get another computer? if so which one? (that wont cost me too much)
also, i just recently saw something about windows 7 having a thing called virtual pc where i could technically be ruuning windows 7 on my laptop and be using xp or something like that through windows 7.

either way if someone has an answer for me it would be greatly appreciated bc im stuck thank you !!!
Vista Ultimate or Business will only work.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
What inerface are you using?

Please read this and post a Sandra report as suggested.
i have the program that creates a sandra report for me, what info should i put down? which info do you need?