Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2020, 09:35 AM

Default Midi Input Devices

For some reason, my CASIO CTK 2100 wont show up under MIDI input devices. I use the TSR from the audio interface to the keyboard’s output channel. I use the power cable to turn the keyboard on. I also use a type B USB cord from the keyboard to my dock as I use a MacBook Pro on iOS Catalina. I’m able to see the keyboard play on an audio channel as the levels show and record, however, as I insert plug ins the keyboard will not play.

I’ve heard rumors from years ago that Pro Tools does not have the ability use keyboards for their plug ins but I’ve been out of music production for a while now. Any help will be much appreciated thanks.

EDIT: again, my main concern is that my Plug & Play Casio CTK 2100 keyboard will not show up under “MIDI Input Devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rey
https://r-e-y.com/

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
iMac (Retina 5K. 27-Inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz Dual-Intel Core i7
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 01-23-2020, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Midi Input Devices

Hi, Have you tried plugging the keyboard directly into a USB port on the Macbook Pro? Does the keyboard show up under Audio/MIDI Devices in Utilities? You could try trashing preferences and/or reinstalling Pro Tools - this has worked for me for this same issue.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-23-2020, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Midi Input Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynaldoPena View Post
For some reason, my CASIO CTK 2100 wont show up under MIDI input devices. I use the TSR from the audio interface to the keyboard’s output channel. I use the power cable to turn the keyboard on. I also use a type B USB cord from the keyboard to my dock as I use a MacBook Pro on iOS Catalina. I’m able to see the keyboard play on an audio channel as the levels show and record, however, as I insert plug ins the keyboard will not play.

I’ve heard rumors from years ago that Pro Tools does not have the ability use keyboards for their plug ins but I’ve been out of music production for a while now. Any help will be much appreciated thanks.

EDIT: again, my main concern is that my Plug & Play Casio CTK 2100 keyboard will not show up under “MIDI Input Devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the free MIDI utility snoize. Install it and run it outside of PT It will tell you if your keyboard is sending MIDI messages to the computer. Assuming you see things like MIDI notes names showing in snoize then make sure your keyboard and VI that you're using in PT are on the same channel.

QAPLA!