Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Axiom 49 as a controller for Pro Tools 7.3

Hello everyone,

I am an avid user of forums all across the web and I did my due diligence by searching different forum
first. I found serveral post from Axiom users who were seeking the same knowledge that Iam
looking for and I followed every instruction (at least I think I did) to the "T"
and repeated them several times before I decided to post. This is my last resort...... I downloaded
both of those presets to use with Enigma. I uploaded the presets to my axiom, I
preset that I found that were susposed to make the axiom controll pro tools I already had the
CS-10 driver loaded in my pro tools because I use it for my 2 yamaha O1V's to act as fader
remotes for pro tools, but I downloaded it again to make sure I had the latest version. I
went to setup and then peripherals, then midi controllers and I selected the CS-10 driver and
selected the Axiom port 1 for both send and receive, I then set it to 8 channels. I have
tried it in every possible controller section from 1 to 4 and speciffically in #3 as
instructed (what I did notice is that no matter where you put it if there is
nother in #1 or #2 when you check back it's moved to #1) after all that I slected ok and
NOTHING! I'm pulling my hair out, the little that I have. Quiet honestly I really just wanted
to use the transport buttons on the axiom to control the transport in Pro-tools because
like I said my O1V's more than suffice as fader controls.....So I even found a post that gave a
link to the M-audio website with instructions on just setting up the transports to work by
going into peripherals and Machine control, and selecting "enable MMC remote" and selecting
preset 15 on the Axiom to get the transports to work.......... Well guess what the Play
button works great! but none of the other buttons do, no stop, to rewind, no FF, no
Record. No not even when I select Preset 1 using Stych69 xml file still no transport
controll.

As you can see, I think I have throughly followed all instructions to no avail.
I have tried to give you as detailed an explanation of my actions as possible in hopes that you
will be able to see my mistakes or what I neglected to do and bring them to my attention
so that I can make this work. Even though I really just wanted transport control, now
that I know that all these other things are possible I want it all to work because that
means I can controll all of those things even when I'm away from the studio.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Bashir
Old 12-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Axiom 49 as a controller for Pro Tools 7.3

Bashir,

Sorry that I have no answer for your problem, but perhaps you can help me with mine. I also have an 01V that I am trying to setup as a controller, just faders, but I'm having issues. First of all I am still looking into how to get the CS10 template loaded into protools. Maybe you can explain to me more on how to make this happen, would be much appreciated....

Thanks.