Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2017, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Not honoring 4 years education upgrade

This was very helpful. Thank you...I'm going to try and dispute the issue with the reseller. Honestly, if they agreed to pay for the upgrade, I would be very surprised..but that would be best case scenario.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Not honoring 4 years education upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkerley View Post
This was very helpful. Thank you...I'm going to try and dispute the issue with the reseller. Honestly, if they agreed to pay for the upgrade, I would be very surprised..but that would be best case scenario.
It's worth trying, but I spent ages dealing with an official reseller (Studica) who employed the tactic of replying to emails promising progress, would then go quiet for several months with my emails unanswered, and then when I escalated by calling them, they would say the other person had left, or gone on maternity leave, they didn't have access to that person's email address, and I would have to deal with someone new, explaining it all again.

This happened to me three times! I was getting nowhere. Avid wasn't interested, not their problem.

It only got resolved because I was put in touch with a specific Avid person on another matter, and took the opportunity to mention it to him. He got it resolved, but that was Avid sorting it, not the reseller, who I hope got their knuckles seriously rapped.

But Avid does know about the problem with resellers now because of this.

One problem you may have is that the specific Avid Customer Care Rep you get might be unaware of this.

Have a read of my posts in this thread ...
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=376079

Particularly take note of the advice, if you are struggling to get them to accept your case, that they should look up that thread I've linked above, and should look up the support case that has details of how it was sorted out for me.

My case was slightly different, in that it was PT10 with 4 years of free upgrades that was mis-sold to me, but it's the same principle. You bought what was advertised in good faith.

Avid were at pains to point out to me, via email, that they were happy for me to give out that advice. The people that care at Avid will want you to be sorted out, it's just that this is a relatively obscure support issue and not all support staff will be aware of it.

My only serious doubt is if it turns out you bought it from someone who is not an official reseller. I suppose in that case Avid could say it's not their problem, but I hope that they might sort you out anyway as a gesture of goodwill.

Reminder ... read BOTH of my posts in that thread I provided a link to!
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)

Last edited by nigelpry; 06-20-2017 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added reminder