Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2017, 08:22 AM

Default When does your iLok refresh when you renew your annual upgrades?

I renewed by annual upgrade subscription yesterday. The iLok license in my account for the upgrades is still listed as expired. Clicking on the refresh or activate buttons in the iLok Manager doesn't do anything.

How long is it supposed to take to refresh your license after you pay the annual tax?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 01-13-2017, 03:54 PM

Default Re: When does your iLok refresh when you renew your annual upgrades?

If I recall it didnt I basically had to go activate the new license but its been a few months so I dont totaly recall. Look for a new updated license to download and activate.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:59 PM

I believe its because the new license bundles needed this update from iLok so it shouldn't happen everytime. The new 12.6 and up needed a surrender so my guess is thats why.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-13-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I renewed by annual upgrade subscription yesterday. The iLok license in my account for the upgrades is still listed as expired...
Thanks for renewing! If you are referring to the Upgrades license then that's normal. Otherwise, please reply with the name of the license in question.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:15 PM

I didn't get any kind of code with my email receipt.

There's a section in the confirmation email with a heading that says "Redemption Code"

But it's blank.

My Avid account shows that my upgrade plan is active until December 30, 2017 so I know I have access to all the downloads, but my iLok shows an expired license for the upgrades, with the red circular arrow icon.

Protools works. It runs fine. Is this even something to worry about until they release a new version or update the iLok licenses or something?

ETA: Looks like Jeffro answered this. I guess it's not something to worry about then? I was worried because I let the upgrade plan lapse by a couple of weeks (expired on Dec 30, but renewed yesterday.)

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
...My Avid account shows that my upgrade plan is active until December 30, 2017...
...Is this even something to worry about until they release a new version or update the iLok licenses or something?
Not if it's the Upgrades license. That can be ignored as stated in the Licensing FAQ.

To make sure you can run any PT versions released during your Upgrade Plan's term...
  1. Launch iLok License Manager
  2. Right+click on your Pro Tools Perpetual... bundle
  3. Select Details
  4. Check the Release Limit date to make sure it lines up with the end of your Upgrade Plan