Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 08:40 AM

Default Control Surfaces for PT HD

This has come up in other threads, but I've seen no "official" comment. The compatibility docs state:
Quote:
CM Automation's Motor Mix, the Mackie HUI Controller, JL Cooper CS-10 (MIDI model), and the Peavey PC-1600 have not yet been tested with Pro Tools|HD systems
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are there plans to implement support for these, and if so, when?

And are there any plans to allow any other conrol surfaces (SAC2.2, Logic Control, etc.) to function "Native" with Pro Tools|HD, rather than through an "emulation"?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Control Surfaces for PT HD

I am guessing from your post that you are definately not looking at one of the digi control surfaces.
That said, I am a very proad owner of a Control 24 and I can honestly say IMHO that it has totally revolutionized my pro tools experience.
I agree it is probably more money than many will pay and I through very long and hard before I got mine but now I can happily say it was the best money I ever spent. Plus it looks really impressive and there are no compatibility issues.

Thats my 2 cents
Old 05-30-2002, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Control Surfaces for PT HD

Yeah. You guessed right. I'm looking at a significant studio overhaul: HD upgrade/exchange; new G4. As much as a Control 24 might be the cats whiskers, it would be impossible for me, financially, right now.

Plus, I'd like something SMALL to clear up some desk space.

So I'm trying to suss out if the previously supported surfaces will continue to be supported, or if "Not Tested" will lead to "Not Supported" as other priorities arise. Many of the other surfaces can do an emulation of a HUI or one of the others, but it would be nice to get native support for them, since they have some extra niceties that aren't included in the HUI emulation.