Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2018, 06:20 AM

Default Re: ??? Waves new plugin / scheps

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I've been able in the past to run new Waves plugins alongside older plugins no problem. What's different this time is running a Waves plugin inside another Waves plugin. Completely different than the usual plugin usage (one per insert slot unless running BC Patchwork).

You don't see individual Waves plugins in the usual suspect folders. On a Mac there is a folder that has the individual bundles for each plugin.

When one Waves plugins has an update the others don't update from what I've experienced. Unless one does a reinstall or repair which encompasses all Waves plugins.
You’ve been lucky in that sense, and Waves do attempt to make it possible to run old along with new, but to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs.

Version 8.? is compatible with Version 9.2, but not compatible with 9.3. Although 9.3 is compatible up to 9.6, but 9.7 ends up breaking it again. Some plugins may be affected while others are not. It gets a bit crazy.

That’s why it’s been this unwritten law about making sure everything is up to date, just to eliminate that as the cause of the problem. Like I said before, too, 9 Times out of 10 it ends up being incompatible plugins.

But you know what, now we don’t have to think about it. Waves Central will tell us when there are updates are available and we just have to click on the update button.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I think NI takes the cake for non-timely support and even if they do get back to you their info is flat out wrong. For instance they have trouble making the distinction between AudioSuite plugin use and plugins on regular track inserts.
I tend to agree about NI. I never got much out of them even when they did finally reply.

The good news is I try to keep all my plugs up to date. The bad news is I tend to keep buying new ones even though I have more than enough.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:41 AM

One more thing I appreciate about this particular plugin is that it has zero latency. I tracked with it yesterday with no issues.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:32 AM

Nice video here for those who are sitting on the fence or indeed have the plugin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8k9q2wREE

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 04-13-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
You’ve been lucky in that sense, and Waves do attempt to make it possible to run old along with new, but to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs.

Version 8.? is compatible with Version 9.2, but not compatible with 9.3. Although 9.3 is compatible up to 9.6, but 9.7 ends up breaking it again. Some plugins may be affected while others are not. It gets a bit crazy.

That’s why it’s been this unwritten law about making sure everything is up to date, just to eliminate that as the cause of the problem. Like I said before, too, 9 Times out of 10 it ends up being incompatible plugins.

But you know what, now we don’t have to think about it. Waves Central will tell us when there are updates are available and we just have to click on the update button.
Hi,

Just to confuse things more im running mostly version 8. except those not in 8 im using 9 with waveshell 9.3 and just to really mess things up im also running waveshell 9.61 so i can use Emo-D5.

So thats 3 waveshells in PT10

The reason i run V8 is in V9 mouse rollover doesn't work properly it often adjusts the wrong parameter that the mouse is not sitting over.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Just to confuse things more im running mostly version 8. except those not in 8 im using 9 with waveshell 9.3 and just to really mess things up im also running waveshell 9.61 so i can use Emo-D5.

So thats 3 waveshells in PT10

The reason i run V8 is in V9 mouse rollover doesn't work properly it often adjusts the wrong parameter that the mouse is not sitting over.

Chris
8 won’t run along side anything after 9.2 without potential issues. 9.3 to 9.6 or 7, I forget which, also won’t run alongside anything later.

The reason for this, is the first time round it’s when they integrated SoundGrid into their Native plugins, the second time is when they jumped to 64-bit architecture.

Trying to run incompatible versions side by side can be hazardous for your health.