Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Unhappy Pro Tools SE Keeps Freezing! HELP ME!

4 Weeks ago I purchased Avid Vocal Studio. In the kit it came with Pro Tools SE Version 8.0.3. I have been installing it and uninstalling it over 10 times and it always freezes up on stage 2. Its at the point where you choose the device you want to install with it. I select the M-Audio mic and click next then nothing happens and just freezes on that. Please, can someone help me with this so I can start using my equipment?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE Keeps Freezing! HELP ME!

Same thing happens for us, but I was told to just wait.

It does this when we start an mp3 or wav export, which in version SE, takes as long or longer than the original recording.

After coming back the NEXT DAY, protools SE had finished the export and was responding again.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE Keeps Freezing! HELP ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmanning View Post
Same thing happens for us, but I was told to just wait.

It does this when we start an mp3 or wav export, which in version SE, takes as long or longer than the original recording.

After coming back the NEXT DAY, protools SE had finished the export and was responding again.
You shouldn't have to wait so long to render audio when exporting!!! There is a problem with the software if it's doing that. Pro Tools SE should take just a little longer than rendering in Pro Tools M-Powered.

You should check the PC resources I think less than 2GB Ram the software might have an issue.

Also if one uses an unistaller application like "Revo Uninstaller" and select the option to delete the registry keys and reinstall Pro Tools SE resolves some issues.

I found that an anti virus, software firewall or anything that uses computer resources is better not to have running, maybe even during installation.

I think the issue is the USB Producer mic drivers, one can also go to the hiden icons in the task bar and double click the m-audio icon it will open the driver mixer panel. There you can play around with the driver pre amp volume maybe just adjusting this might also resolve the issue. You can also adjust the pre amp imput level through the mixer panel. But the best thing is a clean reinstall.

Hope it helps...

Monkeysticker