Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Default Problem installing/updating

I've been trying to resolve this for several hours to no avail. I just installed Pro Tools SE on my Windows 7 64-bit computer and had several problems. First when launching Pro Tools, windows would crash entirely. I fixed this by devoting more resources to the guest OS (I'm running Ubuntu as a primary OS and Windows 7 as a virtual machine). Pro Tools doesn't crash Windows any more .

But now, when Pro Tools launches, it freezes. I remember reading that the update to 8.0.4 made Pro Tools Windows 64-bit compatible, but I can't seem to find that update. Anyone have the link to it? Or have any other idea why Pro Tools might be freezing?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Problem installing/updating

So further research shows that maybe 8.0.3 is the current version of Pro Tools SE. In that case, what else could be making it freeze?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:26 AM

You shouldn't try to use Pro Tools in a virtual machine it uses it's own device specific drivers, linux won't interpret your Pro Tools audio device Pro Tools drivers are hardware based!!!

On a partition it will work...
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 PM

Hello,

Try running Pro Tools SE in Compatibility mode. Right click on your PT icon on your desktop. Then click on compatibility. Windows then recommends what OS is compatible. I run Pro tools SE on Win 7 Home premium 32-bit. This helped with playback noise problems but could also help with compatibility to the OS. A previous problem I had was that PT was freezing when loading Plug-ins. I had installed an M-Audio Fastrack USB interface that came bundled with Session recording software on the laptop. Then I got Pro Tools SE with M-Audio Mobile Pre interface and installed it on the same laptop. I wanted to use both programs by just changing out the interface depending on which program I wanted to use. Well to make the story short, the drivers for the interfaces were conflicting. I ended up taking out the M-Audio Fastrack & Session Software and put it on my desktop computer. So far so good.

Hope this helps,
Dcader10