Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-04-2000, 03:40 PM

Default Digital video/Movie support

Is the Video import working in LE for Windows yet.??????
Anyone know.....

TIA
Old 06-05-2000, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Digital video/Movie support

I saw it running with a quicktime movie at NAB this year...it was just a demo version but I played with it and it seemed to work fine.

------------------
- Monika
Old 06-05-2000, 11:08 PM

Unfortunately Qt or Avi - movies are not supported and this is information from Digi. Movie is not supported even in NT TDM systems.
Digipeople said that they are working on it.
Personally I would like to see schedule, when these missing features (compared to the Mac PT Le) will come to the PC World. It's quite impossible to make investment decision, when you don't know if these essential features are added to PC PT Le (movie & crossplatform compatibility).

regards,

Antti
Old 06-08-2000, 11:29 AM

I was under the impression that you could import a Quicktime. I know that you can on the mac 001, I don't see any reason why the PC version wouldn't include this. This is the first i've heard that you can't. Are you sure????
Old 06-08-2000, 08:02 PM

Why?????????????????
What's so hard about it...??

Every other company has figured it out.
Old 06-08-2000, 11:37 PM

hey Carbon, Why are you trahing Digi.. maybe you should have bought a mac and the 001 or gone with a different software/hardware for your PC. If you insist on the Digi and PC then you're just going to have to sit tight and wait for the added features. With the number of negative comments from the guys on the PC/001 board I'll bet digi is regreting going cross platform with the 001... in short I don't think that you are doing much in the way of puttin your problems at the top of Digi's list by trashing the company.
Old 06-09-2000, 12:28 AM
Avid

Antti is correct. QuickTime and AVI are not yet supported with either PT LE or TDM.

Brent
Old 06-09-2000, 09:45 AM

GreyArea,

Aren't you being a little harsh on these guys? I've been reading the DUC since October 1999 and from my perspective these comments are mild compared to the ones posted prior to the creation of the Win98 section. (Except for Treach.... and I think he was joking).

Apparently you have forgotten about that long thread (160+ responces)complaining about the initial PTLE 5.0 release. Remember: No Virtual Tracks, no Timecode Ruler, 24 track limit, etc.. Digi's marketing took a beating in that thead. Talk about trashing Digidesign? I won't even mention all the other "Digi Trashing" threads that I've read.

I don't speak for Digi but as a business man, I suspect they do not regret the Win98 version of 001/PTLE at all. Increasing your product distribution (possibly by a large amount) is not something a "for profit" business often regrets.
Old 06-09-2000, 08:18 PM

B. Ray... I don't think I'm being harsh, I don't have any intention of being "harsh" I'm just expressing an opinion. And that opinion also applys to the mac guys bitching about the initial 5.0 release (you know, the guys who couldn't understand why a system costing $9,000 less than the big system offered 8 tracks less, no TC ruler and no Virtual Tracks?!?).
I also agree with you that Digi will not "regret expanding to Win98 financailly, I was just trying to get the point across that ALL the guys with LE who want features added ASAP would do better off with positive requests to Digi, rather than threatening to use their competitors.
Old 06-11-2000, 11:36 PM

GreyArea,

Now I understand where you're coming from...at first I didn't. Of course you're right...we all should be more positive.

Peace!