Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2009, 10:31 PM

Default Multi-Platinum PT 8 Essentials Vol. 1

Hey everyone,

For those of you that have seen this video I would like to get some feedback.

Did you find it useful, were there "ah ha" moments, was it boring. LOL

I would like to get some constructive feedback for the video, as I am already planning out vol. 2

What would you guys like to see covered in the new video? Give me some ideas and lets talk about them!

What is some of the things you don't really know about the program and would like to learn how to do it?

Thanks!

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Multi-Platinum PT 8 Essentials Vol. 1

I thought it was really helpful! Including the session files was a great idea as I copied what you did on the video.
What I personally would like to see now is how you record. I know a lot of people use loops, but for those of us interested in making the stuff from scratch and as a noob, it would be great to see how you approach laying down the tracks from beginning to end. Do you start with the bass guitar or the rythm guitar to a click or a drum loop, etc.. If you could show the creative process you go through to give shape to a song..that would be a tremendous help!!
Show us how do you create a drum track if you don't have a real drummer, but you want realistic drums. Do you use reason or ezdrummer or real loops, etc.. (for a rock song in example)
When you lay the guitars, do you overdub every take? do you use plugins or your real amp, etc..
I guess this is where I am at now after seeing your videos basically and slowly moving on!!!
Oh.. if you address the buffer problems and how to adjust the workflow to work around it while you develop your session... very important!!
My .2

Peace!