Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2018, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Waves - yes I bought something

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Thank you for the mega-dual reminder. I just picked it up as well......

AAX-DSP.

I am a sucker for good AMP Sims.....
$39 for bx_rockrack today. If you have a voucher it's even less. Totally worth it for the price for those who don't already have it.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...ckrack_v3.html

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Own it !!! Yes they are pretty much all good.

Really want the Chandler GAV amp next but will wait for the Pick10
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:11 PM

I missed the mega dual, I might pull the trigger on the rockrack, I wish I had a voucher!

Last edited by amagras; 11-03-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:55 PM

Mega Dual was the best b/t the two plugin alliance amps

The PRS Dallas was my fav of the Waves offering

I’m such a clean amp guy. Fender City
I wish the Dallas had Reverb on it, like PA’s amps have.....the fx rack
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Mega Dual was the best b/t the two plugin alliance amps

The PRS Dallas was my fav of the Waves offering

I’m such a clean amp guy. Fender City
I wish the Dallas had Reverb on it, like PA’s amps have.....the fx rack
PA actually has a number of amps. The first one I purchased was bassdude; no one models the piggyback version of the Fender Bassman. I then grabbed the Engl 646 which does clean and high gain and everything inbetween. The Engle 765 came next. The megadual I got last month. Haven't had much of a chance to wring it out but if it's as good as Benoni says then that's another winner from PA. Only ones I don't have are the rockrack full version and the Chandler.

None of those amps has reverb in the fx rack. Delay but not reverb.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 11-03-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:21 AM

Benoni sold me to the PIA amps too, he gets the best metal tones I've heard on reviews.
It would be good to see him review the full rock rack before the promotion ends.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Benoni sold me to the PIA amps too, he gets the best metal tones I've heard on reviews.
It would be good to see him review the full rock rack before the promotion ends.
I think i already have a video on it. An in-depth style video going over all the features. I've been meaning to do more shorter sample style videos on all the plugins alliance amps, but i am busy.

Currently I'm fighting a copyright claim from YouTube for the Scheps Omni Channel stream last night. YouTube is getting ridiculous. Some dummy is claiming a ROYALTY FREE MIDI file I used, that ANYONE can buy, is somehow their song because they used it in a full song... That's not how this works junior. How this usually works is once you dispute the claim they wait the full 30 days, never respond, and it goes away. Creators on YouTube are getting screwed over more and more everyday.

Anyway, another amp worth checking out if you like metal is Emperor from Audio Assault its only $15

bx_rockrack is worth getting, but it's not the best from PA, at least for heavy metal IMO.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-03-2018, 08:18 AM

While we're talking about amp sims anyone have a line on a decent Hughes & Kettner Coreblade sim that doesn't require a dsp box? Looking for one for doing some Rush covers during the Lifeson H&K era. The closest I've come is the Engl 646 from PA. Tried various sims in Amplitube 4 and I have most of their stuff but the best I could get made my guitar sound like the speakers were clogged with cotton balls. And I tried the various humbucker equipped guitars I have around and nothing worked.

QAPLA!
Old 11-03-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Currently I'm fighting a copyright claim from YouTube for the Scheps Omni Channel stream last night. YouTube is getting ridiculous. Some dummy is claiming a ROYALTY FREE MIDI file I used, that ANYONE can buy, is somehow their song because they used it in a full song... That's not how this works junior. How this usually works is once you dispute the claim they wait the full 30 days, never respond, and it goes away. Creators on YouTube are getting screwed over more and more everyday.
If I had 1 dollar everytime I get a copyright claim on YouTube. The royalty free ones are easy, YouTube detects those automatically and usually the other party don't give you problems. I had one with Uberschall Elastik and I contacted them, the suggestion was to talk to the person directly. I'm currently fighting a guy who claimed one of my songs as his, MANUALLY! Will be a dissapoint for him because I had everything copyrighted before posting the video.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
If I had 1 dollar everytime I get a copyright claim on YouTube. The royalty free ones are easy, YouTube detects those automatically and usually the other party don't give you problems. I had one with Uberschall Elastik and I contacted them, the suggestion was to talk to the person directly. I'm currently fighting a guy who claimed one of my songs as his, MANUALLY! Will be a dissapoint for him because I had everything copyrighted before posting the video.
My benonistudio channel doesn't usually get claims anymore. Haven't had one in YEARS because in the past I won every single one from Rev...something or other which would just MASS claim constantly. I had my channel white-listed by them eventually. That's the problem with the algorithm. If someone creates a song using royalty-free loops - YouTube still flags your content as infringement even though you cannot claim copyright to individual loops or MIDI. They can claim the full composition, but not the parts. It's just a pain.

And the claimants could easily check the rebuttal, and remove the claim, but it seems like today they don't check anything and let it be removed automatically after 30 days. Just lazy. /rant

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio