Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2018, 04:08 PM

Default 192 acting weird after multiple power outrages

Hello you guys, first post here hopefully I can get this problem fixed somehow and still recover my so beloved TDM which is a HD3 Accell with an only 192 that was working just fine just a week ago but started to give me problems after some power outrages that probably caused all this mess...after this outrages I turned my mac on and couldn’t find an interface with pro tools (HD 10) and decided to have some digitests in order to understand what’s going on, I noticed that the led meters on the front panel were just going n.u.t.s!!! decided somehow to reset firmware and the flash memory got stucked while resetting and the light went orange and never came back to green again, I tried to swap the cable direction, turn on and off but nothing was happening, just got that amber light on the 192 and nothing was going on, I swap the cable direction it came back green, again tried to upgrade the firmware and actually succeeded but had “firmware missing” on my slot info, so I tried to upgrade it again and tried to it went orange again permanently, both three cards (Core,Accell,Accell) pass the tests but can’t fiure out what’s goin on with the 192, tried everything and also bought a new DigiLink but didn’t help at all, it’s still stuck with that orange light, any clue or direction ? Thanks
-f
Old 07-31-2018, 06:30 PM

Default Re: 192 acting weird after multiple power outrages

I'd be outraged at the outages....(sorry...couldn't resist) In any case, power outages can(and often do) screw up electronics. For troubleshooting, you need to break things down to the simplest configuration, test, and add stuff back in, testing with each additional piece. I would remove the 2 accel cards and test with just the core card and 192. If that doesn't work, you need to figure out if its the card or the 192(and it could be either if your computer is also NOT on a UPS). For testing the 192, I would seek local help. Maybe someone in your town also runs an HD/HDN/HDX rig and can check the 192 on a different setup? If it turns out to be the 102 is toast, the good news is that used 192's are as cheap as $350-500. If the 192 is fine on another rig, then you need to look at the cards, or maybe the entire tower(I had a power spike ruin my entire computer many years ago). In my case, homeowners insurance actually paid to replace the tower(not sure if you have that option). These days, its wise to put your tower and sensitive stuff(interfaces, external drives, etc) on battery backup(the APC1300 unit I have is the best $200 I ever spent)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave