Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Default Can I connect my Casio keyboard to Pro Tools?

I'm not sure of the cord i need to pick up to connect my Casio keyboard to my Fast Track Ultra. Also, once connected, can I use all the sounds on my keyboard and record them on Pro Tools 8 M-Powered?
Old 11-13-2010, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Can I connect my Casio keyboard to Pro Tools?

unfortunately Protools doesn't worth with Casio products due to a long running feud between Avid and Casio

PTMP 8.0.1 // FLStudio 9 // WinXP SP3 // Axiom Pro 49 // Delta 44 // Mackie HR624 // AKG K701 // Emu 6400 Classic
Old 11-13-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOL View Post
I'm not sure of the cord i need to pick up to connect my Casio keyboard to my Fast Track Ultra. Also, once connected, can I use all the sounds on my keyboard and record them on Pro Tools 8 M-Powered?
If you want to record the audio from the keyboard, the keyboard needs to have 1/4" (or RCA) outputs. connect the L (assuming its stereo) output of the keyboard to input 1 on your fast track, and then connect the R output of the keyboard to input 2. create 1 stereo audio track, and set it's input to analog 1-2.

if the keyboard has a MIDI output, you can use a MIDI cable to go from the MIDI output to the MIDI input on the Fast Track. you can then use the keyboard as a controller for virtual instrument plugins?

Quote:
unfortunately Protools doesn't worth with Casio products due to a long running feud between Avid and Casio
really?

if it has a MIDI or audio out, it will work.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 11-13-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantik View Post
My Casio WK1640 worked just fine with PT6.7 through PT 8.0.x

Its alive and well and Pro Tooling at a buddys house.

MIDI is MIDI

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-13-2010, 03:19 PM

lol... guys, it was just a joke of course anything with midi will work with PT

PTMP 8.0.1 // FLStudio 9 // WinXP SP3 // Axiom Pro 49 // Delta 44 // Mackie HR624 // AKG K701 // Emu 6400 Classic
Old 11-14-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantik View Post
lol... guys, it was just a joke of course anything with midi will work with PT
new people really don't need misinformation. plus a lot of people who never post here find threads on this forum through search engines.

so if you're joking, make that clear first time around.... otherwise people may just assume that you don't know what you're talking about.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 AM

While some here have tried to be helpful, they did so without sufficient knowledge to do so...

But they shouldn't feel bad, the chief engineer at EMI studios could not have been of much help in this situation, either...

Because nobody here knows which Casio keyboard the original poster has!

My Casio WK-200 doesn't have any MIDI jacks, but I can still use it with MIDI since it has a USB MIDI connection. And it has only one 1/4" audio output jack.

It's good that people here try to help; what's not so good is that they sometimes try to do it without getting all of the necessary info.

And to the original poster...we really need to know which Casio keyboard you have in order to give you guidance on hooking it up...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 11-20-2010, 02:46 AM

I have a Casio CTK 691 keyboard. This has a stereo output jack. All you need is a splitter cable going from 1 stereo to 2 mono jacks to connect it to your interface. So the answer to your question is yes.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:46 PM

@ Bill Denton:

I have a Casio WK 200 and I can't seem to get it connected to Pro Tools. My computer refuses to recognize the driver, even when I downloaded and installed it from Casio's website. Help?

Thanks a ton

WES
Old 04-21-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
While some here have tried to be helpful, they did so without sufficient knowledge to do so...

But they shouldn't feel bad, the chief engineer at EMI studios could not have been of much help in this situation, either...

Because nobody here knows which Casio keyboard the original poster has!

My Casio WK-200 doesn't have any MIDI jacks, but I can still use it with MIDI since it has a USB MIDI connection. And it has only one 1/4" audio output jack.

It's good that people here try to help; what's not so good is that they sometimes try to do it without getting all of the necessary info.

And to the original poster...we really need to know which Casio keyboard you have in order to give you guidance on hooking it up...
I have a casio ctk-4200 with one 1/4'' audio output, a smaller plug labelled audio in and a MIDI usb. What cables do I need to connect + record with my pro tools SE?