Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-1999, 06:14 PM

Default B & W G3/PostConform

Now I know Digi still hasn't approved PostConform to work on a B&W G3 yet 'cause of the serial port issue however I have been using this configuration for about 4 months.
B&W G3 300 mhz OS.8.6 192 meg Ram
PT's 4.3.1
Adaptec 2940uw
3x18gig Seagate Cheetahs
GeeThree serial adapter in the modem port, connected to the Mac serial port on a Microlynx.
Entrega USB to Mac Serial Adapter for Machine control(connected to RS232/422 9 pin on the Microlynx). I have all the latest drivers and firmware installed.
Every thing works as it should in the loading of sources in PostConform, However the problem I have is Once I export PC to a PT's session On every show I have done (approx 15 one hour episodes), there is always about 20-30 regions, out of the 600 or so per show, that dont appear in the PT's session. When I go back to PC it says they are loaded so I select the specific edits and do a "Spot to PT's" and then they will appear in PT's but the audio files are corrupt and I get a 9023 error if I try to play them. I have noticed that it usually occurs if there is a series of cuts from one take on a tape, say the B side, the first region will appear then the rest of the file will be no good. My work around has been to create new sources for these particular edits and re-load them in PC and then do a "Spot to PT's",or load them manually into PTs.
Also after I have loaded all the files when I Quit PC it will always come up with an error saying "illegal memory exception" or Post conform has quit due to Hardware error 2.
So I usually have to re-boot after loading a session.
Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!
Old 10-10-1999, 06:44 PM

Default Re: B & W G3/PostConform

I would recommend trying this - set the dae buffer setting to 0 and relaunch PT.

If you ever get "DAE-1" message, you probably did not load that edit.

I have heard PC works pretty well for 2 track conform, but I've had bad luck with 8 track conforms on anything except PT III or 442 systems.

DC