Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 07:57 AM

Default I need help with recording technique

1. When recording how do I set the input output for a ten channel project?
2. How do I do I widen the mix?
3. When using marker or memory markers how do I scroll to or jump to a marker?
4. I have the B4 on my desktop and can't make it work. How do I get the b4 to work with 001? How do I route the b4 settings? When I launch the b4 it says Aiso driver is being used.
Thank you
Chris [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 09:24 AM

Default Re: I need help with recording technique

I don't think PT works with ASIO. Do a search.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:49 AM

Well if your using the 001, For 10 inputs your going to have to use the 8 analog in(2- XLR and 6- 1/4 inputs) and 2 inputs of either the Adat or SPDIF digital input to do all 10 at the same time....That means 2 of your sources to be recorded will have to be digital either through itself or through an A/D converter...OR you could record 8 tracks and overdub the other 2....OR you could use a sub mixer and mix a few things together before it hits the digi 001 inputs....
For the stereo width there are a few plug ins for stereo enhancement but I personally have not used them so really can't say anything more about that...I used to use a behringer edison to widen everything I layed my hands on but over time felt it was taking away more then adding so I tried a different approach...I find that you can do a lot just by watching how you pan things and eq, keeping some things small sounding to make other things seem bigger and wider using delay type stuff on the stuff you want wider sounding...Keep in mind that the smaller sounding stuff will sound like sh*t when being solo'd by itself but with everything else in the mix going on will find it's nitch just right....
Old 09-29-2002, 09:58 AM

1. unless you have a second AD/DA converter, you can only achieve eight simultaneous inputs and outputs with a 001. of course, you can route as many tracks as you like to a single output.

you'll also need six more mic amps if you intend to use microphones on all the live inputs as the inputs on the back of the 001 are line level.

2. this question is too difficult to answer in briefly but basically you can 'widen' the mix by panning things as you see fit between left and right. you might want to double-track guitars, backing vocals, use stereo drum overheads and rooms, etc. and pan each pair hard left/hard right or somewhere in between. reverbs can make things seem larger than life too.

3. each marker has a number. press Ctrl+5 on the numeric keypad to display the markers window. at the left of the window is each marker's number. to go to marker 5, for example, press .5. on the numeric keypad and teh cursor will jump to marker 5.

4. you need direct connect. i don't know how many, if any, of the native instruments are supporting direct connect for PTLE 5.3.1 at this stage.