Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 12:35 AM

Default control24 blocked with all leds in on status help

hi guys my this morning i turned on my control 24 and he don't complete the routing to go in offline status , waiting the pro tools open up , the control 24 is blocked with all leds in power on, and no wayout , only put in power off, but when i reput in power on same problem!
someone can help me about?
thanks in advance M_M
Old 08-03-2006, 04:22 AM

Default Re: control24 blocked with all leds in on status help

Hi, probably also a powersupply-matter. Mi post is underneath yours here (studiomeijer). Digi sends me a powerunit for free from the states. Try this route through your Digi-dealer. Good service!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:33 AM

Hi,

As Studiomeijer said, most likely the power supply!

If you can't get a replacement soon, then you could try removing the power supply and make a note of where all the connections go!!! clean all contacts and put them back and make sure of a good tight contact with all the cables. this often gives a fix to many C24 problems.

The power supply is situated right where the power socket is, you can remove all the surrounding screws and the PSU will come loose, then you have to label all the connections before removing them!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
hi guys my this morning i turned on my control 24 and he don't complete the routing to go in offline status , waiting the pro tools open up , the control 24 is blocked with all leds in power on, and no wayout , only put in power off, but when i reput in power on same problem!
someone can help me about?
thanks in advance M_M
You resolve this problem??? It's the Power supply??? or other parts bad??

I have the same problem and I need support for resolve this..

Thanks

Wilfre2
Old 08-20-2006, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Hi,

As Studiomeijer said, most likely the power supply!

If you can't get a replacement soon, then you could try removing the power supply and make a note of where all the connections go!!! clean all contacts and put them back and make sure of a good tight contact with all the cables. this often gives a fix to many C24 problems.

The power supply is situated right where the power socket is, you can remove all the surrounding screws and the PSU will come loose, then you have to label all the connections before removing them!

Chris
Hi guys,
I have the same problem. I clean all contacts and put back and nothing... I buy a new PSU and put in the C24 and nothing. I open my c24 and clean all contacts... and nothing.... I think is the CUB Board in the C24. Any other have other idea??? I live in Puerto Rico and is very dificult send the C24 to the USA for the shipping price (around $400 to $600 in shipping). Please help me.
Any other have a opinion, any idea???

Thanks for all

Wilfre2
Old 08-21-2006, 02:11 AM

Here's a post of mine from a few months ago,

Hopefully Ive got to the bottom of all these annoying intermittent problems, recently I experienced the all lit up problem which I reported in another thread, this was cured by reseating the P48 connector on the PSU, shortly after that we lost phantom power, the studio had some downtime so I was able to do some exploring, I checked the PSU and was relatively surprised to find a stable phantom supply, checked the pres and no phantom was present, to cut a long story short the lead from the PSU to the pres was goosed, I've built and fitted a new one which so far is working OK. On the helicopter rumble front I checked the output of the phantom from the PSU with a scope it showed up a lot of hf noise at around 700mV, plenty to cause upset to a mic, once the new lead was installed and terminated onto the pres this virtually disappeared, so Im guessing that this is also down to the dodgy lead, let me know if this helps anyone out there experiencing similar probllems, some comment from Digi on this would be appreciated as it is a problem that seems to affect just about everyone with a C24

Still no problems with the c24, I'm guessing that the original P48 lead had cracked insulation as well as shoddy connectors,
Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM

I too had this problem today and unplugging the P48 connector fixed mine as well. I then reseated it and also reseated all the other connectors in the power supply for good measure.

thanks to the forum here, repair was very quick! (it would have been a while until I would have thought the 48v would affect the whole system like this.)

these connectors and the molex are terrible and I have been replacing as many as I can with the trifurcated molex with stellar results. this and many other units had the scribble strip failure and the trifurcated pins eliminated the problem.