Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 PM

Default HELP !!!: Procontrol faderpack shows up as main unit in peripherals ID setting ?

weird thing here.
After a some time of no use, my faderpack shows up as a main unit when I do a peripheral search.

i'm on PT8.03 OSX
YES the powersupply is fully working .
YES I tried the reset via shift/opt/F4

Faderpack follows normally when I do the mainunit>test> faders>sine , etc.
So there is certainly a good network connection.
In Peripherals the faderpack shows up under it's default name but there is "(procontrol main)" behind it.

Are there drivers installed than could be corrupted?
Should the ethernet address and ID have a specific number for the faderpack ?

thanks for watching.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Procontrol faderpack shows up as main unit in peripherals ID setting ?

Anyone ?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Procontrol faderpack shows up as main unit in peripherals ID setting ?

I have seen similar problems, are you sure it is the same Fader Pack that did function normally before?

I ask this because I know that the identity of a ProControl Main Unit or Fader pack strangely enough is determined by a chip on the LED meter bridge PCB. If you swap the LED meter bridge PCB (the one with the 16 LED bars on it) you change the identity of the units.

So if you buy a second hand Fader Pack there is a risk the seller did use a meter bridge PCB from a Main Unit to service the Fader Pack and then the Fader Pack identifies itself it as a Main Unit. I also have seen big ProControl setups working without a Main Unit, just because one of the Fader Packs had the LED meter bridge PCB from an Main Unit, so Pro Tools saw it as a Main Unit.

Btw, in a Main Unit you can disconnect the entire right hand side PCB's of the unit (the PCB's with all the buttons and jog wheel + LED bars and counter PCB) and it still works as a Main Unit, but it will not work as a Fader Pack.

Mac Pro 2019 - 3.2GHz 16-core - 96GB RAM - macOS 14.4.1 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1 - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Music Belgium View Post
I have seen similar problems, are you sure it is the same Fader Pack that did function normally before?

I ask this because I know that the identity of a ProControl Main Unit or Fader pack strangely enough is determined by a chip on the LED meter bridge PCB. If you swap the LED meter bridge PCB (the one with the 16 LED bars on it) you change the identity of the units.

So if you buy a second hand Fader Pack there is a risk the seller did use a meter bridge PCB from a Main Unit to service the Fader Pack and then the Fader Pack identifies itself it as a Main Unit. I also have seen big ProControl setups working without a Main Unit, just because one of the Fader Packs had the LED meter bridge PCB from an Main Unit, so Pro Tools saw it as a Main Unit.

Btw, in a Main Unit you can disconnect the entire right hand side PCB's of the unit (the PCB's with all the buttons and jog wheel + LED bars and counter PCB) and it still works as a Main Unit, but it will not work as a Fader Pack.
Oops , a bit late but
Thanks for the response !
No luck with changing the meterbridge.