Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-19-2018, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Soundminer V5 Pro Preview

Quote:
Thank you, Frank.
I tried to avoid dealing with my SD2 files as long as possible. Not anymore
Hi Michael, yes please use the Mirror Tool to convert your SD2. SD2 dead, almost rotten. You could do it on an older machine, converting the whole day. And if it's ever done, it's done and you can forget it.

Quote:
New relinking feature? Which one? There has been relink for years. I probably missed the new one? Please do tell...
Relink Feature: Same here, the only relink function is the right-menu / Relink Selected I know. Compared with the Library / Validate Filepaths function.

Cheers,

Guido
Old 11-19-2018, 07:50 AM

47:40 in your walk through video he talks about live relink. May be it's an old feature but for me it's new : ) sorry to bring up something that is a few years old i should have read the manual.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
47:40 in your walk through video he talks about live relink. May be it's an old feature but for me it's new : ) sorry to bring up something that is a few years old i should have read the manual.
hm...interesting. Have to check that out, it's definitely new. There was something like that in SMv2 (or 3?) where SM automatically finds stuff that you move around in the finder without relinking. Would be great if that came back. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:32 PM

Live relink is a new feature:you can assign alternate file paths for your databases.
If the original file path isn’t available, SM will use the alternate one. But nothing is changed in the database, the change is only temporary.
It also works with cloud storage. If you have a clone of your database on amazon S3, SM can now connect to that S3 bucket when the original file path is unavailable, for that database. The cool thing is that SM compress (flac) clone and upload those files for you.