Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Problem listing overlapping outputs in I/O screen

Maybe someone can shed some light on this dilemna -

In the ProTools I/O setup, it seems to have no problem on the input side have multiple labels/listings for the same input, but in the output setup window you can't have any overlapping?

For example on the inputs, I have Digi 192 inputs 1+2 listed twice, once with the label "Digi 1+2" but also again with the label "API 1+2" since this is where it is normalled to in the patchbay making for quick patchings, but it's nice to have the numerical label as well.

Now on the outputs, I'd like to do the same type of thing, where the outputs are labelled with their numerical number, as well as a second time with a word label, as some of the outputs are normalled to places such as monitor controllers and cue systems, etc.

But it seems that everytime I have try to list an output pair a 2nd time using a different label, it gives some error message about 'overlap'. I mean what does ProTools care how many times I want to multi-label a certain output pair?

It allows this on the inputs though???
Old 12-01-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Problem listing overlapping outputs in I/O screen

Okay so is this just 'how it is' then?

I can list physical inputs more than once with different labels but not physical outputs in the I/O setup?