Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:41 PM

Default Scrub edit NOT working with REMOTE connection... BUG?

Our facility engineer has found an app called SplashTop that allows our audio and video editors to work from home and hear AUDIO on your remote system at home. SplashTop installs an audio driver, basically an updated version of Sound Flower, that Pro Tools and Avid Video see as a viable audio engine.

When you select it as an engine, you have a stereo mix that feeds your system at home, along with full control of your host system without the need for massive bandwidth to move audio/video files to/from your remote system.

What we've discovered is SCRUB editing doesn't work when Pro Tools sees my remote system. If someone is in front of my Pro Tools system, he can scrub as normal, and we BOTH hear it... so it's NOT a problem with SplashTop's audio engine.

I can also connect via VNC over VPN to my host system but have no audio. I will check to see if scrubbing works in that case, just to confirm it has something to do with a mouse that isn't connected locally.

Regardless, anyone who may still need to work from home and have tried other options, SplashTop shows a lot of promise. Our facility engineer has already made lots of friends in their support department and they're very willing to make this work. Pricing is incredibly affordable for a larger facility (10 users over 100 computers) and well worth trying out to see if it works for you.

AVID, I will keep you posted on what we find out. I'm really hoping it's a simple fix. Thanks...

Last edited by Eric Seaberg; 04-26-2020 at 06:58 PM.