Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Record Offset for 3rd Party Hardware? WTF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgreiner View Post
Just so I'm clear, you're using "non-HD" Protools, right?

I'm still toying with non-HD setups in preparation for the future when my vintage HD setup will no longer be supported.

Currently, my HD system puts my overdubs where they belong, as long as I have the "compensate for input & output delays" options ticked in the I/O setup. I'm using a Lynx Aurora16 with their LT-HD card, which has the same latency as a Digidesign 192. Are you saying that these check boxes don't exist in non-HD Protools? That would suck, to say the least. I will check my Protools 10 HD software running in native mode today when I get to the studio...
Yes, I am NOT running HD ... the options are missing. In most other DAWs there's a way to enter the offset. You still have to determine that offset yourself - using a DA->AD loop, but other DAWs allow for it.