How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2023, 02:04 PM

Default Problems with iLok

When opening ProTools 10.3 on my Win 7 Pro desktop PC I get this error message:

"This software requires installation of the InterLok device drivers and a reboot...etc, etc, etc."

I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers for Win 7 64-bit many times and always get "these drivers already installed" notice before installation is complete. I can click out of the error message and ProTools opens and is partially functional. PT will not bounce to MP3 and some of the plug-ins (Air Plugins and Xpand2 among others) will not open and I get this message:

"Could not create the TCE plug-in's factory default file because a DAE error was encountered. DAE error 0 was encountered"

Trying to insert Xpand2 I get the message:

"...Xpand2 has been made inactive because a DEA error was encountered, DAE error -7054 was encountered"

This setup has been working perfectly long after Win 7 and ProTools 10.3 became unsupported. Only recently have I gotten these messages. I have tried a suggested fix which is to run the iLok dongle through a USB 2 Hub without success. I'm considering uninstalling PT and reinstalling. Thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!!!:
Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz
RAM 12 GB
Old 08-05-2023, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Problems with iLok

Before you re-install, try one more thing. Open your iLok Manager software with the iLok connected. Right-click on the iLok and select Synchronize. This might re-establish connections(it has worked for me before with similar issues with iLok). Fingers crossed

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-07-2023, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Problems with iLok

Thanks for this idea - unfortunately unsuccessful. PT starts to load but hangs when it gets to loading xpand - gives me an error msg: "Unable to complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000008." I have to then close close PT with the task manager. I'll see if I can find any info on that error code..

Thanks again!
Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz
RAM 12 GB