Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Default Broken iLok

If one day you have the bad luck to break or lose your original ilok key, you will really regret to work with it. They make very difficult to solve the problem, even for a temporary license .....and forget about to finish any important record you have.

Last edited by jeffro; 08-07-2017 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Original thread had 2 topics, so split the iLok/License issue into its own thread and moved to Licensing & Accounts.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Broken iLok

You had no Pro Tools product, iLok license or iLok registered, so that's what complicated the process of replacing your license. We had no record of what you owned or were entitled to. Looks like you are working with the rep to provide proof of purchase so that should help. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Jeffro,
for the kind of comment you made, you probably work in Avid.
As im saying to Avid Support since Friday 28th july, my original ProTools ilok key broked.
So....Avid Support took one week to explain that as i dont have the license placed in my Ilok Account, that i need to send proof of purchase.....and Avid support did it last Friday, 4th Aug, via email, in the afternoon, near the end of office working hours.
Now i havea to waint at least until tomorrow to Avid Support to receive email with proof of purchase, answer, and see it they will place the license...and then i need to order an Ilok 3 as i can´t find to buy in the city where i´m right now...and wait more.
And that is not the only problem....the first thing Avid Support asked, was to file and send a RMA, into ilok page....but Ilok page is not working to file it.....i tried many times. And now i have to wait until they repair their homepage?? how long it will take??
https://www.ilok.com/#!support/help/102029543/102029574
Today complete 9 days i cant access the songs i was recording and near to finish.
You came to the forum to say something that Avid Support should have done in the first contact i made.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:37 PM

Walter, you could have saved yourself the 9 days if you had bought the ZDT coverage for your iLok. But it sounds like it is not your iLok. Maybe you just bought it from someone else, but if you don't have the privilege to administer the account, then you'll have to prove in some other way that you're the owner. If this were a car would you expect the same support? Would you be able to take it to the dealer and get it fixed whether or not you are the owner???

Steve
Old 08-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Junior View Post
Jeffro,
for the kind of comment you made, you probably work in Avid.
As im saying to Avid Support since Friday 28th july, my original ProTools ilok key broked.
So....Avid Support took one week to explain that as i dont have the license placed in my Ilok Account, that i need to send proof of purchase.....and Avid support did it last Friday, 4th Aug, via email, in the afternoon, near the end of office working hours.
Now i havea to waint at least until tomorrow to Avid Support to receive email with proof of purchase, answer, and see it they will place the license...and then i need to order an Ilok 3 as i can´t find to buy in the city where i´m right now...and wait more.
And that is not the only problem....the first thing Avid Support asked, was to file and send a RMA, into ilok page....but Ilok page is not working to file it.....i tried many times. And now i have to wait until they repair their homepage?? how long it will take??
https://www.ilok.com/#!support/help/102029543/102029574
Today complete 9 days i cant access the songs i was recording and near to finish.
You came to the forum to say something that Avid Support should have done in the first contact i made.
I do work for Avid (see “Avid” under my User Name).

You started a case on 7/28 telling us that your iLok key broke. Our rep responded same day with instructions (basically what is listed here) and you mentioned having trouble with the iLok.com site so we offered to deposit a temp license after verifying ownership (I think the problem was due to having never registered the iLok to your account). There are no licenses or iLoks registered there (and no record of Pro Tools ownership in our system, so we requested proof of purchase. I checked the case and it looks like the rep is still waiting for proof of purchase. Will you be able to provide that soon? Also, what version of Pro Tools M-Powered were you running? Thanks.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:36 PM

Jethro and Steve,

i´m the owner of the product...i never registered it and i always used the original ilok key.....i tried to register it now.
I put the serial number of my card....the system recognized and went to the next page asking for the registration ID and the release code...... it recognized the release code, but your system is not accepting lowercase.....if i put lowercase, it becomes uppercase. My registration ID card has lowercase.

http://www.avid.com/en/avid-audio-product-registration
Old 08-06-2017, 10:14 PM

Extreme Mixing,

ZDT is for ilok and Avid ASC is for phone support.
I have no license placed in ilok and i never registered.
After many contacts via email, nobody in avid told me that i could just regsiter my software to get a temporary license.....they could send a link for that.
Now i found on my own, but their system is not recognizing lowercase ...and my id has lowercase.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:22 AM

Jethro and Steve,
Accutally, i could had saved these 10 days now, if Avid had not changed the ID Registration Code page not to accept lower case, probably to force people to buy new products that has only uppercase. I own ProTools 8 that has ID lowercase:
I have all proof of purchases, and i´m the only owner of this product that was wasn´t registered before. I can search my rights.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Junior View Post
. . . . I own ProTools 8 that has ID lowercase. . . .
Seems to me that my version of Pro Tools 8 HD came with a blue version 1 iLok already loaded with the authorization code.

Been following this thread thinking we were talking about Pro Tools 12.

Oy. Should maybe move to the "Licensing and Accounts" sub-forum...
PT10.3.10HD(Tyan s2932 [8core Shanghai 2.7GHZ] 32GB,Win7 SP1); PT10HD(Tyan s2892 w/10GB, Win7 SP1);PT8HD(Dell 690 quad Xeon 3.0, 8GB, Win7,192 I/O, 96 I/O);MacBook Pro: 11R, Apogee Element 46, Focusrite 8PreX PT HD 11.3.2; Mac Pro 3.47 Hex 32GB, OSX 10.12.6/L10.4.2;L9.1.8, 2.64TB; G5 D2.3 4GB, 10.4.11/L8; 12c MP 2.66/32GB PT12.4; Structure, GigaGS3, Kontakt 5, Garratin, Sibelius 8.7+, Finale26,EMU,Vegas Pro 16-10/; RME HDSP9652,MOTU 2408 MKIII/1224/308, FX,Kurz,L5s,Strat,ASAT,JB,Zon

Last edited by panamajack; 08-07-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:33 AM

Pro Tools 8 WTF. What a waste of other users' time posting this rant in a Pro Tools 12 forum section. And if time is valuable and losing an iLok could have such an impact then getting things set up properly is the user's responsibility.

License dongles, including iLok can be a pain to manage, but lots of other folks here who rely on them have that all sorted out. And iLok have pretty good information on their web site covering options like ZDT. You should have had an iLok account created ages ago for this iLok, independent of anything to do with Avid.