Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2015, 11:09 PM

Default ProTools 11 Download?

A couple years ago, when I was in audio engineering school, I purchased the student version of PT 10. After I verified my student status and set everything up, I was surprised to discover that my iLok actually contained both PT 10 and PT 11 authorizations. I'm assuming that the reason they did this was because PT 11 was released after the time I purchased the software, but before the time I sent in my student status verification and got my iLok authorization.

Anyway, I decided not to bother with PT 11 at the time because I had such a crappy old computer anyway. But now I'm finally about to buy a brand new Mac Pro, and it occurred to me that I have no idea how to actually acquire PT 11. Is there a download page somewhere? I sure can't find one. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 PM

Default Re: ProTools 11 Download?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-3-1-Downloads

It is explained under "Downloads". The installer for download is in your account.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 02-12-2015, 07:55 PM

Thanks for your help, Joachim. I was able to download and install PT 11. When I started it up, I created an instrument track, and to my disappointment, there were *no* virtual instruments available. The "instruments" category didn't even come up in that pull-down menu when I clicked on an insert slot.

So I got out my PT 10 disks, and I ran the "Install Avid Virtual Instruments" package, but when I started up ProTools again, there were still no virtual instruments.

Avid didn't really get rid of all the virtual instruments in PT 11, did they?
Old 02-12-2015, 08:10 PM

I did some google searching and I think I need to download the AIR Creative Collection. Downloading that now. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:14 PM

Yes, that's what you need. I added the following to the Installation section of the Pro Tools 11.3.1 page to clarify this:

"Virtual Instruments and Effects for Pro Tools 11 are installed by the AIR Creative Collection installer. Run this in addition to the Pro Tools installer."

Also, see this KB article and let me know if I can modify it to make it easier to find when searching the knowledge base.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Admin Emeritus

And for others that might read this thread, see also:
Sticky: How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11
Old 02-13-2015, 12:53 AM

Thank you Bruce and Jeffro. I'm now able to run all the virtual instruments that come bundled with ProTools, but I had some other virtual instruments on my old computer that still won't run on my new setup. I have this orchestral software called Miroslav Philharmonik, which doesn't show up in the instruments list anymore, and I have a synth called Hybrid, which came free with my PT certification course, and it also isn't showing up anymore.

I contacted IK Multimedia about Philharmonic cause I figured it might be a support issue on their end. But Hybrid is Avid software, so I'm really hoping someone here can help me get it working. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyseanbell View Post
Thank you Bruce and Jeffro. I'm now able to run all the virtual instruments that come bundled with ProTools, but I had some other virtual instruments on my old computer that still won't run on my new setup. I have this orchestral software called Miroslav Philharmonik, which doesn't show up in the instruments list anymore, and I have a synth called Hybrid, which came free with my PT certification course, and it also isn't showing up anymore.

I contacted IK Multimedia about Philharmonic cause I figured it might be a support issue on their end. But Hybrid is Avid software, so I'm really hoping someone here can help me get it working. Thanks!
To run Miroslav Philharmonik in PT11 you're going to need to get Sampletank 3 and import the library into that. MP was based on the old Sampletank 2 engine which doesn't run in PT11 because it doesn't have aax64 support.

QAPLA!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM

Yeah, that's what IK Multimedia told me. Anyway, thanks for your reply, but what about Hybrid? I really liked that synth; does Avid not support it anymore?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:35 PM

Hybrid is made by AIR Music Tech, not by Avid. Hybrid 3 is the latest version, it works fine in Pro Tools 11.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/hybrid-3