Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 AM

Default Re: PT 11 can co-exist with 10 but does upgrade require license surrender?

I would be very surprised, in fact I'd be pretty miffed if Avid let PT9+ CPTK owners upgrade for the same price as 10.

One of the major factors in my upgrading to 10 from 9 was to ensure I'd have as painless an upgrade path to 11 as possible. Obviously the CPTK issue has scuppered that!

If you take the current PT11HD upgrade pricing, 9 to 11 is more expensive than 10 to 11 and I would assume if Avid do let 9+CPTK owners upgrade it'll be more expensive than the 10 to 11 will be.

But this is Avid so anything could happen!

All we can do is hurry up & wait to see what transpires and we get a definitive written word from Avid directly.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 AM

Default Re: PT 11 can co-exist with 10 but does upgrade require license surrender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post

Avid have not, as yet, made it clear whether anyone can buy the CPTK to 11HD upgrade
If you look at nst7's post on the first page of this thread (it's post #10) you can go the CPTK to PT11 upgrade route for $999 US.

QAPLA!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 AM

musicman ...

In the webinar q&a the price was specifically quoted as being PT10+CPTK to PT11HD. Nowhere have I found anything official, as yet, from Avid, saying what, if any, are the arrangements for upgrading direct from PT9.

I imagine they will come up with something as part of their revised plans, so people should know for sure what the arrangement are then.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM

djacko ... you PM'ed me, but I can't reply as you haven't enabled receiving PMs in your user profile options.

Please enable it, then I can reply.

(Sorry for posting this here everyone)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacko View Post
nigel, Thanks for accurately composing my (and possibly others to come)s unforeseen situation. I will definitely keep you abreast....
If you have any further insight or information, it's appreciated.
I now have some updated info. regarding my situation, and perhaps some yours. So I am sharing this with you with hopes that it may answer some of your questions ONLY.
NOT to create more doubts or for disputation.

This has Nothing to do with $pricing$. We all know that AVID is reviewing this, and will inform us Officially when they have made their decision.

First question :
Can I upgrade from licenses PT10/11 bundle, with CPTK2 to PTHD11 ?
reply:
We would like to inform you that you will definitely be able to upgrade from the PT10/11 bundle with CPTK2 to PT HD11 by paying around $999 or maybe less, but once PT HD11 is released. The exact pricing will be communicated later on and you will need to surrender the entire bundle, as explained into our previous email (this operation will be performed by our support team).

Follow up question :
If I could trouble you for one more bit of info.;
Is this upgrade to PTHD11 Only for those that have "CPTK2" ?, or any "CPTK" license. In my case it's not an issue as I have a registered CPTK2. But, there are many on the DUC that don't, and there has been a concern over this. I believe that the iLok lic. does not indicate a version, only that it is CPTK.

If it's possible to address this, it would prove beneficial to all....

Reply:
Regarding your last question, please be advised that both CPTK and CPTK2 are eligible for this upgrade to PT HD11.

So there it is.
This information answered my questions. AGAIN, This is not about pricing.
There is nothing to read into, nor speculate about. It is clear information.

Whether or not CPTK, or any softwares in question have to be Registered or not ?
I don Not know. My software(s) are registered.

I hope this helps fill some blanks. For myself, I am appreciative of their responding to my dilemma, and feel it is obvious that AVID is working on this. Thank You Avid Audio Support.

Let's give them their due time to revamp the pricing scheme.
Then .......

I need to do something else today :)
PT 9/ CPTK2
VEP 5
oo2r