Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 12:20 PM

Default Bounce to Quicktime movies have no playback audio on 003

I work on some music for video. When I bounce to Quicktime the resulting Quicktime movie's audio doesn't play back through my Digi 003. The 003 engages and switches to "Working..." status, but there's no sound.

The audio works fine when the movie is played back through my MacBook Pro Core Audio device. Also, when I send the movies out to studios running HD systems, none have mentioned any problems with the audio. In fact, the audio in the bounced Quicktime movies seem to playback fine on any audio setup other than my 003.

So I currently just preview the file to make sure it's ok through Mac core audio. But I think this is a bug with the Pro Tools Quicktime Bounce--maybe just in my particular configuration. But I use a pretty standard setup, so I thought it would be good to get the word on DUC in case anyone else has dealt with this.

I've checked on Mac forums for issues relating to Quicktime and on the Duc and have found information about error messages coming up about the audio in a Quicktime movie. But this is different since it's only on the 003 playback, and there is no error message.

The audio Bounce settings are 44.1 at 16 bit.

I'm running Pro Tools 7.3 with a Digi 003 on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.4.9

If anyone else has encountered this, please share... thanks.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Bounce to Quicktime movies have no playback audio on 003

This is a result of updating to Quicktime 7.3, have no idea whether 7.4.1 resolves this, it was still a problem with 7.4, you have two choices other than restores.

1) When the QT movie is playing, open up OSX sound prefs, switch to built in audio then back to digi core audio, the sound will then be heard.

2) Use VLC or something else similar instead.

Cheers
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Bounce to Quicktime movies have no playback audio on 003

Hey thanks for the reply. Switching the output to built-in and then back to 003 worked. Weird bug. I'll check out VLC player. Thanks again~