Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Quicktime bounce plays audio, but no video!

Hi,

Doing a bounce to quicktime! session is audio and quicktime movie! i thought a quicktime bounce would give me a quicktime video with audio that would play, but its just playing the audio! ami i stupid? should it be viewable at this stage?? it says quicktime movie??

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Quicktime bounce plays audio, but no video!

There was a bug that caused this when you bounced to a different simple rate than the session rate. My only suggestion is to bounce to a QT movie and make the sample rate of your movie the same as the sample rate of your session....
Old 04-20-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Quicktime bounce plays audio, but no video!

Quote:
There was a bug that caused this when you bounced to a different simple rate than the session rate. My only suggestion is to bounce to a QT movie and make the sample rate of your movie the same as the sample rate of your session....
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the post! i've thing i've sorted it now? i was using command+option+B to bounce to disk and selecting quicktime (which i think is just quicktime audio!) instead of selecting to bounce to quicktime movie, which is a seperate option!! plus i made sure that the movie and audio was edited together with the grid set to frames and that both the audio and video are the exact same length etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.