Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 08:46 AM

Default Jam Master Jay Update

Unfortunately, the thread for "JMJ rest in peace" turned into a war of ideals, opinions and for lack of a better term us (HipHop lovers) versus them (HipHop haters). As the "fire starter" of that thread I want to apologize to anyone I offended by using terms like "jackass" or other derogatory names, but I was more disappointed that a fellow "musician" would be first to put the blame on a certain form of music, I mean damn....you beat Dan Rather to the punch.

I spoke with DJ LORD from PUBLIC ENEMY this weekend and he gave me a little more insight as to what probably happened. The NYC area is filled with the lowest form of criminals who are always looking for an easy "vic" (victim) and according to him those in the HipHop community are now the target. He did mention that supposedly it was to be the ones that talk alot of trash on their records and those who know JMJ was not one who even promoted that type of rap music.

So the word on the street in the HipHop community is that this was yet another senseless murder and was certainly not part of any "turf war" or "east/west" fued as the media has led some to believe. R.I.P.J.M.J.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Jam Master Jay Update

Nice one Blaze!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Jam Master Jay Update

Fa Sho J Blazin ....... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] This World, This World, This World.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE