Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2002, 10:26 AM

Default Question For Digidesign, "Getting White Noise Whenever Using EXS 24 & DC On The MBOX.

I'm a very happy TDM mix+ user who recently purchased an MBOX and iBook for travelling. When I use my TDM setup, I use Pro Tools for all audio & use Logic Audio for all midi, & sync up the two on the same computer using the 'iac buss'. I also use logic's EXS 24 sampler which streams straight into PT via Direct Connect and the ESB bridge. This works like a dream on my TDM system.
The trouble is, when I use this same configuration on my MBOX with the iBook, everything is fine, but I get a huge blast of white noise whenever a sample is played by the EXS 24 sampler [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
What is the problem?, is this a known bug?. Is there a workaround?.
I've already updated all the MBOX Extentions etc, and it has the latest firmware.

My system is: -
MBOX
Ibook 600/600 mb ram/OS 9.2.2.
Pro Tools LE 5.2
Logic version 5.1.3
Latest OMS

Digi Please help!

Many Thanks

Bearclaw.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Question For Digidesign, "Getting White Noise Whenever Using EXS 24 & DC On The MBOX.

I wasn't aware that the ESB bridge supported non TDM hardware - don't you think thats the problem, with the Mbox you're using DIO and not DAE per se, and obviously NOT using any TDM hardware? I thought that was the point of ESB TDM

http://www.emagic.de/english/products/logic/esbtdm.html

I know that my Mbox allows EXS24 playback within Logic 5.1.3 without any difficulty, but I don't think you can get it into PTLE via the Mbox.