Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2023, 07:02 AM

Default Windows shortcut locks after Ctrl clicking on UAD Spark plug-ins

I'm experiencing stuck shortcut behavior that only happens after Ctrl clicking (Windows) on a UAD Spark Native plug-in.
I don't think it's my keyboard because the shortcut only gets stuck after using the shortcut to reset a UAD Spark parameter to it's default (Ctrl + click).
Works fine with other plugins and during the rest of the session.

What I mean by stuck is that I can't playback using the space bar (get the alert that nothing is record enabled) and if I click anywhere in the timeline it just keeps extending the selection.
So whatever that shortcut does when applied to PT is remaining in effect.
I've found that pressing the other Ctrl key unlocks the stuck behavior and I can continue working after that.

This happens in both PT 2022.7 & 2023.12 so not a new issue with the latest PT release.

Can anyone else repro this?

Note:

I use the mouse on the left side so I'm pressing the right Ctrl key while clicking to reset the plugin setting.
Then freeing the stuck behavior pressing the left Ctrl key.

Now that I mentioned it, I'll try Ctrl clicking with the left key to see if it still happens.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 12-20-2023 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Windows shortcut locks after Ctrl clicking on UAD Spark plug-ins

Turns out using the left Ctrl key works fine so I'll just avoid using the right Ctrl key when Ctrl clicking to reset the plugin parameters.

I've become accustomed to using the mouse on the left so that when I'm playing guitar I can hold the pick in my right hand while clicking with my left hand and then quickly resume playing.
So I'm used to editing and mixing this way too.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 12-20-2023 at 05:06 PM.