Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2023, 01:56 PM

Default Having an issue with 23.6 / changing highlighted plugin

Hey All / Eddie

Hope you're well.

I'm having an issue since I updated to Eucon 23.6. Running PT 23.6 as well.

Whenever the EuCon app is open on my Mac (Monterey 12.5.1 Intel), if I add a plugin on a slot somewhere (with the keyboard/mouse), the plugin will usually flash up briefly only to instantly revert back to showing a previously highlighted plugin.

I can't pinpoint exactly how it's choosing which plugin to take me back to, whether it's the penultimate most recently added plugin, or the previously highlighted one, I can't be sure.

Not a huge issue when it's two different plugins, but for example Pro-Q 3 or Kirchhoff, which are on a lot of channels in a project, it's often resulting in me changing settings for the wrong instance of the plugin in a project.

Have only just tried the PLIST hack you suggested in the pinned thread, I can report back if it's changed the behaviour.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 09-05-2023, 02:59 AM
Avid

Default Re: Having an issue with 23.6 / changing highlighted plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthemusicbloke View Post
Hey All / Eddie

Hope you're well.

Whenever the EuCon app is open on my Mac (Monterey 12.5.1 Intel), if I add a plugin on a slot somewhere (with the keyboard/mouse), the plugin will usually flash up briefly only to instantly revert back to showing a previously highlighted plugin.

I can't pinpoint exactly how it's choosing which plugin to take me back to, whether it's the penultimate most recently added plugin, or the previously highlighted one, I can't be sure.

Not a huge issue when it's two different plugins, but for example Pro-Q 3 or Kirchhoff, which are on a lot of channels in a project, it's often resulting in me changing settings for the wrong instance of the plugin in a project.

Have only just tried the PLIST hack you suggested in the pinned thread, I can report back if it's changed the behaviour.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi,

Can you post a screenrecording of the issue you’re having?

Checking on this further.

Thanks
-Tope

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 09-05-2023, 03:09 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hey All / Eddie

Hope you're well.

Thanks,
Alex
I’ve started a support case for you under case number 04675512. Tech support team will be in touch through Email.

Thank you,
-Tope

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 09-05-2023, 09:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hey All / Eddie

Hope you're well.

Thanks,
Alex
Can you check if the plugin that comes up is from the attentioned track in EUCON?
Old 09-06-2023, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
I’ve started a support case for you under case number 04675512. Tech support team will be in touch through Email.

Thank you,
-Tope
Thanks Tope, I'll check in via email too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Can you check if the plugin that comes up is from the attentioned track in EUCON?
Hmmm, you know I haven't actually put much effort into figuring out exactly what 'logic' it's following when it comes to the previous plugin.

I'll try and suss it today and see if I can get a screen grab. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:49 PM

Was this ever resolved?

I'm getting the same problem - random plugins appearing when I either instantiate a new, or option-drag a plugin to a track.

I've recorded a long video to see if I can identify what track they're coming from. Sometimes its the currently selected track, but other times its a track that was selected >3 tracks previously.

Using PT2023.12, Ventura 13.6.3, Eucon 2023.11.0.121 and running an S3.
Also have only selected 'Plugins' in the Attention most recently clicked DAW area, along with Auto-bank to selected track, and S3 Upper Knobs.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:38 PM
Avid

I'm pretty sure it is already and will be in the next PT release.