Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 AM

Unhappy Lots of issues in a short period of time.

I had accidentally posted this in the HD forum when it should've been here.

First off, Hi. I'm new here as well as a new user to Pro Tools in general. I bought the Pro Tools M-Powered 8 on 10-18-2010 and I am already having some issues that I have yet to see fully addressed.

To start, I cannot register my product. When I fill out all required information, the site verifies that it understands it is seeing Pro Tools M-Powered 8, I verify the info, and then I hit submit. All I get is the same registration page refreshed to blank. All blank but the word "error". Nothing else, just "error" in bright red font. Yes all the information is correct and I am 1000% certain it is.

Next. Whenever I check for updates through the program I am told that the software is up to date. Now I know this is false because my version is 8.0.3. I came to the web-site and downloaded the update and extracted. When I try to run the set up file I am promted that "the Updater is unable to locate an installed version of Pro Tools on this computer.". I found someone else on these forums with a similar problem, but there were not any resolute answers or useful solutions aside from uninstall/reinstall...which I have tried.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Lots of issues in a short period of time.

Call tech support. You've got free phone support for 30 days. Use it. I had them walk me through set up.

Mainboard: DFI Inc. INF P35-R
BIOS : Phx Tech, LTD 6.00 PG 03/11/2008
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP APIC : Y
Tot Mem : 3.25GB DIMM DDR2 (WinXP)

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31 Proc
Front Side Bus Spd : 4x 266MHz
Mem Bus Spd : 2x 399MHz

(C:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
(D:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)