Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2024, 03:50 PM

Default Can tracks on S1's be banked or scrolled from a Dock/Control app?

I have a Dock that I use with the Control app on an iPad Pro and am thinking about adding three S1's to the setup, mainly for controlling PT Ultimate.

When I use the Universe bar or Tracks page in the Control app to scroll tracks the PT edit and mixer windows also scroll their tracks to match. Will the three S1's working as one surface also scroll or bank when scrolling with the Universe bar or Tracks page in the Control app? Or can the S1's be banked by selecting a track in the Control app?

Apologies ahead of time if this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find a specific answer to this.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Can tracks on S1's be banked or scrolled from a Dock/Control app?

Bumping this up. Let me ask my question another way.. If I have three S1's and a Dock, with the S1's setup as one surface, is there any way to bank/scroll the tracks on the S1's besides using the Bank buttons? Will the tracks on the S1's scroll if the Tracks window is scrolled in the Control app? Or if a track is selected in the Control app can they jump to the selected track?
Old 02-28-2024, 09:33 AM

If I have the "Auto-bank to selected track" box checked in EuControl, I can open the "Tracks" view on the iPad in my dock, tap on a track, and my 2 S1s bank to that track. I can also click the track with my mouse and the same thing happens.

You can also make a soft key shortcut (Surface -> Navigation) to bank in a number of different ways
Old 02-29-2024, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMixesMusic View Post
If I have the "Auto-bank to selected track" box checked in EuControl, I can open the "Tracks" view on the iPad in my dock, tap on a track, and my 2 S1s bank to that track. I can also click the track with my mouse and the same thing happens.

You can also make a soft key shortcut (Surface -> Navigation) to bank in a number of different ways
That’s exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!