Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2024, 07:56 AM

Default I cannot get Protools to communicate with Eucontrol.

Eucontrol version 2023.11.0.121
Avid Control ver 2023.11.0.266
Pro Tool 2023.12.1
Mac Mini 2023 Apple M2
OS Ventura 13.5
Ipad(9th Generation) OS 17.0.3

Mac mini and iPad are using the same wifi.

I cannot get Protools to communicate with Eucontrol.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Eucontrol, Avid Control app on the iPad, and even Pro Tools several times. Rebooted EuControl.
I can see Avid control in EuControl and it is listed under my Surfaces.
Under Applications in EuControl I have Pro Tolls 23Mac listed, but under the Lock to Application(Transport and Control Room)is greyed out.
In Pro Tolls I have the Eucon checked.
EuControl and MC_Client Accessibility are on.
Eucon Network interface set to Wifi.

When I open the Avid Control app everything is dark. No tracks show. No mixer. I’m not sure what I am missing.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: I cannot get Protools to communicate with Eucontrol.

Hi djblinkers,

I created case 04745165 for your concern. Our technical support team will send you an email regarding this.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 01-22-2024, 08:13 AM

Thanks
Old 01-23-2024, 08:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblinkers View Post
Eucontrol version 2023.11.0.121
Avid Control ver 2023.11.0.266
Pro Tool 2023.12.1
Mac Mini 2023 Apple M2
OS Ventura 13.5
Ipad(9th Generation) OS 17.0.3

Mac mini and iPad are using the same wifi.

I cannot get Protools to communicate with Eucontrol.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Eucontrol, Avid Control app on the iPad, and even Pro Tools several times. Rebooted EuControl.
I can see Avid control in EuControl and it is listed under my Surfaces.
Under Applications in EuControl I have Pro Tolls 23Mac listed, but under the Lock to Application(Transport and Control Room)is greyed out.
In Pro Tolls I have the Eucon checked.
EuControl and MC_Client Accessibility are on.
Eucon Network interface set to Wifi.

When I open the Avid Control app everything is dark. No tracks show. No mixer. I’m not sure what I am missing.
A quick video showing the Pro Tools EUCON Status button, each tab of EuControl for a couple of seconds and then Avid Control Screen would really help diagnose this. Everything you say should make this work so there must be something missed somewhere.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:54 AM

Hey Eddie. Thanks for replying.

As I was going through the steps to make the video, the miraculous happened.

So last night, I did a ipconfig release/renew, shut down everything possible.
Booted up this morning, I turn on Eucon, power up my iPad and start Avid Control. It shows up in mySurfaces. Here is where the miracle happened. What I did not see for an entire week was when I started Pro Tools and went to SetUp/Peripherals/Ethernet Controllers, for the first time I was able to choose Eucon Control Surfaces and checked the box. Last week, I could not choose anything under Ethernet Controllers. It just prompted me to go to the Edit Window and choose EUCON from the drop down. That never worked. Low and behold when I tapped that check mark for Eucon Control Surfaces , I see my tracks in Avid Control. IT works!!!

Side note. I have Avid Dock also. I removed that from the troubleshooting last week to get one thing working at a time. So I started Avid dock back up, moved it to my Surfaces and now it is working also.

Relieved Customer
Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2024, 08:54 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblinkers View Post
Hey Eddie. Thanks for replying.

As I was going through the steps to make the video, the miraculous happened.

So last night, I did a ipconfig release/renew, shut down everything possible.
Booted up this morning, I turn on Eucon, power up my iPad and start Avid Control. It shows up in mySurfaces. Here is where the miracle happened. What I did not see for an entire week was when I started Pro Tools and went to SetUp/Peripherals/Ethernet Controllers, for the first time I was able to choose Eucon Control Surfaces and checked the box. Last week, I could not choose anything under Ethernet Controllers. It just prompted me to go to the Edit Window and choose EUCON from the drop down. That never worked. Low and behold when I tapped that check mark for Eucon Control Surfaces , I see my tracks in Avid Control. IT works!!!

Side note. I have Avid Dock also. I removed that from the troubleshooting last week to get one thing working at a time. So I started Avid dock back up, moved it to my Surfaces and now it is working also.

Relieved Customer
Thanks!!
Great. The drop down on the Edit window just puts a EUCON status button on the toolbar. You then have to press the button to enable it
Old 01-24-2024, 03:31 PM

That I did not know. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-01-2024, 02:04 AM

i had a similar experience after updating to PT2023.12: Avid control listed as a conected surface on the mac and ipad, yet all controlls greyed out and nothing can be tapped

after trying everything hardware and network related, i found that the connectivity issue came up after creating markers on multiple marker lanes. Only after deleting markers on the third and second lane, and restarting the Control app, functionality came back.
Curiously, having the 3 marker lanes with markers as before, but with a filter to show the memory locations of only one track in the memory location window also solves the issue.

So for now, my work around is to have all the markers i want, but with a track name filter in the memory location window.